Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to be really focussed on where we improve the team and squad.

Right wing, central midfield and centre half all need addressing before we begin stacking up even more left sided midfielders (Richarlison, Bernard, Iwobi and even Sigurdsson can play there).

The right back question also needs addressing, though we at least have options.

Did it? He played 73 minutes in total in the 5 games immediately prior to lockdown.
I guess I remember it differently, I suppose he had his best period January/ February. With Richarlison and DCL being the main 2 strikers Kean was only getting on from the Bench, but I think if we are going to be playing 442 we need at least 4 strikers at the club, given his age and potential, I think we should keep Kean for another season, unless he is desperate to go

I guess I remember it differently, I suppose he had his best period January/ February. With Richarlison and DCL being the main 2 strikers Kean was only getting on from the Bench, but I think if we are going to be playing 442 we need at least 4 strikers at the club, given his age and potential, I think we should keep Kean for another season, unless he is desperate to go
Oh I agree, we have to give him at least another year because apart from anything just signing flops and getting rid 12 months later is a terrible business model that we've followed for too long. He's young and hopefully we can just chalk this year down to new country/general inexperience before he kicks on. I just don't think there were any signs that he was coming good at that point though to be honest, other than that Newcastle game.

I think we need to be really focussed on where we improve the team and squad.

Right wing, central midfield and centre half all need addressing before we begin stacking up even more left sided midfielders (Richarlison, Bernard, Iwobi and even Sigurdsson can play there).

The right back question also needs addressing, though we at least have options.
I'd much rather we prioritise a small number of key additions rather than a wider, scatter-gun approach that will give a sustained and marked improvement.

Hopefully, we're also considering their natural fitness (susceptibility to injury etc.) because we can't continue to be crippled by our ongoing injury crisis.

I'm fed up of not seeing anywhere near our best XI on far too many occasions or at least that's how it seems.

Re: Gabriel, quote from his agent below:

“Everton made a proposal to Lille at first, while Napoli made it later. Gabriel likes Napoli as a club and Gennaro Gattuso as a coach,” said Garcia.

This one's dead.

Re: Gabriel, quote from his agent below:

“Everton made a proposal to Lille at first, while Napoli made it later. Gabriel likes Napoli as a club and Gennaro Gattuso as a coach,” said Garcia.

This one's dead.
Ha ha. Something fishy there. As if any player would prefer That “head the ball” over Ancelotti

Was all for Fraser as a squad player...

Then read he rejected a short term deal to help Bournemouth get out of a relegation scrap for the last 8 games. Said in January he wasn't "playing for the team"

Also ran his contract down at Aberdeen.

100% grade A snake. Not to be trusted.

Swerve.

He has stated numerous times though he wants to play in europe and try to compete for trophies, i think it's more a case of we want him but he does'nt want us.

Sounds about right. As much as Carlo will be a draw to players, he won't wan't to join a team splashing around mid table in the PL with a lot of work needing done. He's a Brazilian with no affiliation to the club and can imagine the draw to sitting down in Naples.

Linked today with a swap deal involving Patrik Schick, who is contracted to Roma, but on Loan at Redbull Liepzig and Moise Kean. The story is that Liepzig had the option to make the deal for Schick permanent and have not taken it up, he has scored 10 goals in 14 games this season. Roma are known to be admirers of Kean and want to offer him a route back to Italy.

I could see us being interested in Schick, but more as a replacement for Tosun. I would like to see Kean stay for another season really. It felt like he was just getting going before the lockdown came in.

Sounds jarg but YES YES YES

Schick is miles better than Kean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back