Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a fan of that, realise he doesn’t want to put a big move for himself at risk, but leaving a team he’s been with since they were in League One in the middle of a relegation battle, during a season he’s admitted to not a playing for the team isn’t on

Fine with that tbh. He's done lots for them, likely turned down moves last Summer, probably has a big move already lined up & we've seen in the foreign leagues that have already restarted the chance of injury has skyrocketed. He doesn't owe them anything anymore in my eyes.

Fine with that tbh. He's done lots for them, likely turned down moves last Summer, probably has a big move already lined up & we've seen in the foreign leagues that have already restarted the chance of injury has skyrocketed. He doesn't owe them anything anymore in my eyes.
He owes them a lot more than “not playing for the team” - pathetic attitude just because he’s had his head turned

He owes them a lot more than “not playing for the team” - pathetic attitude just because he’s had his head turned

He doesn't have to sign a new contract. He's done nothing wrong although I can obviously see why people would be annoyed.

There was always going to be an issue with contracts.

Ryan Fraser Y/N? Think it's worth a punt on a free tbh.

If reports are true he is going to Arsenal. I would say yes, as long as the contracted wages are not too high, because if he doesnt do well and is on £120k a week we wont be able to selll him on, look at Bolasie, Sandro, etc.

Fraser seems to be getting a load of stick from exPro's for not extending his contract past 30th June with Bournemouth. Im not sure where I stand on that, I think players should give their all to the club they are at, but I can understand him not wanting to jepordise a good chance of going to Arsenal by extending his contract at Bournemouth, he may have even already signed something so that he cant extend it. People will say that is mercenary, but I think players have to look after their own interests. If he was injured right now he would probably have no offers, so it cuts both ways.

Linked today with a swap deal involving Patrik Schick, who is contracted to Roma, but on Loan at Redbull Liepzig and Moise Kean. The story is that Liepzig had the option to make the deal for Schick permanent and have not taken it up, he has scored 10 goals in 14 games this season. Roma are known to be admirers of Kean and want to offer him a route back to Italy.

I could see us being interested in Schick, but more as a replacement for Tosun. I would like to see Kean stay for another season really. It felt like he was just getting going before the lockdown came in.

He doesn't have to sign a new contract. He's done nothing wrong although I can obviously see why people would be annoyed.

There was always going to be an issue with contracts.
Admitting to not playing for the team midway through the season because he’d had his head turn is doing something wrong in my eyes. That’s a woeful attitude. Especially after he went through this whole faux apology to his fans and teammates. Hindering his team for a season because his head’s not in it and taking up a starting spot away from someone who actually cares for the team doesn’t sit right with me.

Linked today with a swap deal involving Patrik Schick, who is contracted to Roma, but on Loan at Redbull Liepzig and Moise Kean. The story is that Liepzig had the option to make the deal for Schick permanent and have not taken it up, he has scored 10 goals in 14 games this season. Roma are known to be admirers of Kean and want to offer him a route back to Italy.

I could see us being interested in Schick, but more as a replacement for Tosun. I would like to see Kean stay for another season really. It felt like he was just getting going before the lockdown came in.
Did it? He played 73 minutes in total in the 5 games immediately prior to lockdown.

Admitting to not playing for the team midway through the season because he’d had his head turn is doing something wrong in my eyes. That’s a woeful attitude. Especially after he went through this whole faux apology to his fans and teammates. Hindering his team for a season because his head’s not in it and taking up a starting spot away from someone who actually cares for the team doesn’t sit right with me.

Admitting he wasn't trying his best is obviously terrible. But he's not the first player in the history of football to be guilty of that. He's just a bit silly to openly admit it.

I don't think he has an obligation to sign a contract though.

Not really related to us signing him but I thought those comments got taken a little bit out of context. I thought he was more trying to say that it had been an unconscious thing, but he hadn't been playing very well and in hindsight it might have been because he wasn't in a great frame of mind. Footballers are human, they are subject to the same emotions as the rest of us and if they're unhappy at work they may well not produce their best. I have no issue with him not signing a contract though, anyone with any sense knew this would happen months ago, it's not his fault the whole thing has been a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back