Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
His technical ability is superb be the best on the team as far as first touch, dribbling, creating pockets of space and retaining possession under pressure. Links up well with dinge on the left and puts considerable shift in defensively. Passing and crossing is good just needs to up his production. clearly has the ability like his volley earlier this year.Footballers footballer needs to work on fitness spend less time injuried with knocks and produce more as he is capable
Dinge aye

Entertainment Bob, entertainment with end product is fab, but if we can’t have that, then entertainment for entertainments sake will do me. Particularly when the alternative is Walcott (no entertainment or end product), Iwobi (ditto) or playing Dom or Richy on the wing instead of them being a front two.

it’s not like we are a particularly entertaining team at the moment, so while I would happily replace him for a 15 goal winger or an entertainer who offers more goals and assists, until we get that, then I would rather watch him entertain than almost all the others we have!

there is no end product.People hand pick one volley and an over the top assist and that justifies his tenure at Everton.

massively light weight, doesn’t last 90, assists are rarer than hens teeth, hardly ever scores but has a nice touch occasionally so people are blinded.

An over the top ball assist to moise kean weighted perfectly between the defenders

vision

skill

the ability to slot a ball on the half volley

the ability to do Messi esque dribbles and knock it past the keeper from the byline when the angle was impossible
We are paying him over a 100k I’m not sure the exact figure, ive read 120 and 150. To do a few flicks and tricks
In both seasons he has less than 10 goals & asists combined. Is he really worth that.

I wont be losing any sleep when he’s gone and hopefully sooner than later.

An over the top ball assist to moise kean weighted perfectly between the defenders

vision

skill

the ability to slot a ball on the half volley

the ability to do Messi esque dribbles and knock it past the keeper from the byline when the angle was impossible
Literally just quoted everything Bernard has done good in two seasons. At the end of the day, we can all agree that we are a mid table side with many below average players. The fact that Bernard can’t hold down a starting place and no one really scratches their heads why tells you how good he is. Sigurdsson produces 3/10 performances week after week and still gets picked ahead of him. Bernard is a bit part player in a very poor midfield. And that’s under now three managers if you include Duncan. That tells you how good he is.

His technical ability is superb be the best on the team as far as first touch, dribbling, creating pockets of space and retaining possession under pressure. Links up well with dinge on the left and puts considerable shift in defensively. Passing and crossing is good just needs to up his production. clearly has the ability like his volley earlier this year.Footballers footballer needs to work on fitness spend less time injuried with knocks and produce more as he is capable
Some people don’t half overrate our players

What odds is he for the ballon d’or next season, I’m on it.

Up his production? The guy scored 14 in a 100 games in the Ukraine league, I’m not sure what we expected to happen in the prem. I get hes got a good touch, neat & tidy, quick feet. But ultimately he’s not good enough. Wouldn’t get a game for any of the top 6.

Maybe Arsenal because they haven’t got any left wingers, even then I doubt he’s be a regular.

Correct, shocks me that blues want rid of a player like that. Sack the money ball statistics and use your eyes.
It’s called ambition, unfortunately a lot of our fans haven’t got it
And a load are on this thread

Quite happy to watch a Brazilian who’s nearly 28, played a big part of his career in the Ukraine league and now for a mid table prem team. Doesn’t that tell you his level. He gets 3/4 goals and assists each season.

And yes I will get all the shouts of “we’ll thats our level” we are in the same bracket these days as palace, Burnley, wolves.

I find it mad that, Bernard is hailed as some world beater and iwobi should be playing for the dog & duck. USING MY EYES I don’t see much difference. Both not good enough for us but I would be willing to give iwobi more time as he’s younger. Bernard will never be any different.

whats the appeal with Bernard? Serious question. What does he offer?
He's a very clever little player but like many others said he needs to start producing more, He works hard on the defensive side which most managers seem to want these days in a winger, His link up play with Digne is seriously good the one thing that really really REALLY irks me about him is his reluctance to shoot if it was Iwobi he'd take the shot 99% of the time but Bernard tries to be too clever and play this pass or that pass instead of just banging it, He's a decent finisher as well ffs.

I can see both sides on the Bernard thing. He’s a lovely player to watch, good touch, awareness, etc. And the team is definitely better with him in it, he knits things together in a way that others don’t. On the flip side, I also think the team is better with Walcott in it, because he offers something that others don’t, but I wouldn’t want him staying in the starting XI. Ideally you’d want to upgrade on both I think. I like Bernard, but it’s hard to disagree with the idea that an attacking player who is involved in 7/8 goals a season (almost exclusively at home) isn’t going to get you very far.

Those numbers would be what are referred to as facts. The stuff about the same level you can change around I guess.

For example: Bernard is better than Fraser with his 5 goals and 4 assists in 1 and 3/4 seasons because Fraser only managed to get 8 goals and 18 assists in the same period.

What about chances created? An assist only occurs when someone finishes it off.

For me the question is about watchability at this point. Would I rather watch Siggy that Bernard? No! Schneiderlin? No! Davies? No! Only Gomes and Bernard show any kind of flair, he doesn’t score fair enough, but neither have any of the others this season really. This season has been mostly devoid of entertainment, most of the paltry amount we have had has come from the little feller. he isn’t world class, he will never be chased by CL clubs, but he is the most entertaining midfielder we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back