Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are paying him over a 100k I’m not sure the exact figure, ive read 120 and 150. To do a few flicks and tricks
In both seasons he has less than 10 goals & asists combined. Is he really worth that.

I wont be losing any sleep when he’s gone and hopefully sooner than later.

....I like to use the word ‘effectiveness’ to determine a players worth. Bernard‘s record and performance suggest he’s never going to contribute goals or even a bucket full of assists, but he is effective in matches (or parts of matches) when we need players brave enough to have possession.

To this end, I think Bernard is an effective squad player. Looking at the bigger picture, though, if we have two holding central midfielders we really need creativity and goals from out wide (Sheedy and Steven is the blueprint). Bernard will be useful for Ancelotti to call upon when needed.

i never get hung up on salary, it’s Monopoly money these days.

....I like to use the word ‘effectiveness’ to determine a players worth. Bernard‘s record and performance suggest he’s never going to contribute goals or even a bucket full of assists, but he is effective in matches (or parts of matches) when we need players brave enough to have possession.

To this end, I think Bernard is an effective squad player. Looking at the bigger picture, though, if we have two holding central midfielders we really need creativity and goals from out wide (Sheedy and Steven is the blueprint). Bernard will be useful for Ancelotti to call upon when needed.

i never get hung up on salary, it’s Monopoly money these days.
Unfortunately the situation we are in, I think wages do Matter. And if our biggest earner is on the bench away and only contributing now and again at home, then I think that is an issue.

Add into he’s 28 in September and only has 2yrs left. And I doubt he will get a new contract. I hope he doesn’t stay the next 2 years then goes back to Brazil at 30. I hope Brands will be looking to get something back on him.

I agree about the wide players in a 442. I think we were just massively blessed to have sheedy & Steven at that time. It’s rare to have 2 goal scoring wide players at the same time in a 442.

I think we will probably end up trying to get one., who scores goals. And have a more all round midfielder on the other side. Like he did at Napoli witt Zielinski. Who’s out of contract next summer, I’m shocked he hasn’t been linked, must be one of the only Napoli players not to have been linked this summer

The problem is not Bernard, the problem is the midfield. Bernard, in a good team, can be a very good player - this can be evidenced from our home games. Away from home he becomes less effective because our midfield is pathetic and cannot dominate/dictate matches. Sort the midfield and Bernard will become far more effective. Carlo will know this.

Genuinely dont think anyone will take him.
Some people don’t half overrate our players

What odds is he for the ballon d’or next season, I’m on it.

Up his production? The guy scored 14 in a 100 games in the Ukraine league, I’m not sure what we expected to happen in the prem. I get hes got a good touch, neat & tidy, quick feet. But ultimately he’s not good enough. Wouldn’t get a game for any of the top 6.

Maybe Arsenal because they haven’t got any left wingers, even then I doubt he’s be a regular.
Just because you have a different opinion to someone doesn't make you right mate.

I could equally say some people don't half underrate our players. Just different opinions

Be utterly stunned if he turns up at Arsenal or Spurs myself.

We are talking about an attacking player that has had less input than our RB this season.

I fail to see how he improves a team who wishes to crack the top 4.

Only if both clubs are Skint, well in debt and can only sign a couple of freebies to bulk up their squad. I look at arsenal's squad now and think fraser could actually be a first team player for them for a good 15/20 games.

Spurs, well levy loves a bargain, he could view it as a way to make a quick profit in a year selling to West ham for £15m or so.

So that "deadline" to Barca about Todibo....I guess Barca didn't care?

Don’t reckon he’s first choice at all, probably low down on the list I imagine was drawn up before Corona hit.

It’s clear Gabriel was the top pick and the fee is low so not too sure what that says about our summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back