Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goals and assists aren't everything, but when an attacking player has 3 times as many as another attacking player that means something, no?

I just think we should maybe hold off on the "sell Iwobi if we are getting Fraser" shouts when Iwobi has barely played under the new manager.

Also I mostly was just trying to mess with our boy Windy here as I find it entertaining how he likes to randomly post calling out me on Lookman when he seems to pop up here, there and everywhere else defending Bernard just the same.
I assume you mean Iwobi? I don't recall mentioning Lookman in our conversations. As for Bernie, I like him, I enjoy watching him play but if he left I'd get over it. Watching Fraser play is like watching a dwarf hump your wife so I'm going to give that one a swerve.

Hes good enough to be a squad player here, but we have multiple left-wing options, we don't really need any more left-wing options, not unless they improve us massively, can you say hand on heart he makes a massive difference?
He can play on the right. He’s right footed and he’s even played right back before. What I would say though is even in a much poorer team with much poorer form this season he’s still better than what we’ve got. I’d love to see what he could do with Richie and Dom up top to aim for rather than playing with the likes of Ibe, Solanke and Callum Wilson when he’s fit.

Think he opens up the option to play around with Iwobi centrally, where he said himself he prefers playing or Bernard centrally. Failing that I’d sell Bernard for a good profit, I like him but don’t think he does enough to warrant a starting spot aside from the odd moment. Also could get decent money for him and replace him like for like with Fraser at a minimum.

I think it’d be a decent financial move for us to go for and he’d improve the team but wouldn’t change us massively. Unless we looked for a top class winger which I don’t think we will on the left I think he’d start for us honestly or at the very least rotate frequently. He’s definitely playing 25+ games for us a year easily.

I assume you mean Iwobi? I don't recall mentioning Lookman in our conversations. As for Bernie, I like him, I enjoy watching him play but if he left I'd get over it. Watching Fraser play is like watching a dwarf hump your wife so I'm going to give that one a swerve.
What in the name of God

He can play on the right. He’s right footed and he’s even played right back before. What I would say though is even in a much poorer team with much poorer form this season he’s still better than what we’ve got. I’d love to see what he could do with Richie and Dom up top to aim for rather than playing with the likes of Ibe, Solanke and Callum Wilson when he’s fit.

Think he opens up the option to play around with Iwobi centrally, where he said himself he prefers playing or Bernard centrally. Failing that I’d sell Bernard for a good profit, I like him but don’t think he does enough to warrant a starting spot aside from the odd moment. Also could get decent money for him and replace him like for like with Fraser at a minimum.

I think it’d be a decent financial move for us to go for and he’d improve the team but wouldn’t change us massively. Unless we looked for a top class winger which I don’t think we will on the left I think he’d start for us honestly or at the very least rotate frequently. He’s definitely playing 25+ games for us a year easily.
I was looking at some of his games by position and at least one of the times he played right back was the game we won 6-3 at Goodison. So I'm not sure that is a selling point.

I have said that if we could replace him for Iwobi I would, if we could replace him for Bernie, I'm less inclined, but not totally against.

A right-footer on the right would be tasked with getting the crosses in, I have no idea how good his crosses are and its a vastly different role than playing on the left.

Well you know I like Bernie, I've said many times he needs to produce more.

Im spending most days utterly ripping Iwobi a new 1 and I defo haven't given up on him yet, but I really cant see him making it here.

And I'm honestly not even against Fraser, last season he was very good, but history suggests it was a flash in the pan and him leaving B'mouth in the crap doesn't sit right with me, I'm very aware why he's doing it, he's putting himself first, which I know I would, but it still doesn't sit right. His 100k doesn't even bother me, but is he the player we should be going for?

If he's better than Iwobi or Bernie isn't really an issue, lets be honest we can and should be doing better than all 3.

whats the appeal with Bernard? Serious question. What does he offer?

His technical ability is superb be the best on the team as far as first touch, dribbling, creating pockets of space and retaining possession under pressure. Links up well with dinge on the left and puts considerable shift in defensively. Passing and crossing is good just needs to up his production. clearly has the ability like his volley earlier this year.Footballers footballer needs to work on fitness spend less time injuried with knocks and produce more as he is capable

Screenshot_20200619-110503.webp

An over the top ball assist to moise kean weighted perfectly between the defenders

vision

skill

the ability to slot a ball on the half volley

the ability to do Messi esque dribbles and knock it past the keeper from the byline when the angle was impossible
I think the question was what does he offer on a regular basis and not to list three things he has done exactly once in 50 games or whatever.

Entertainment Bob, entertainment with end product is fab, but if we can’t have that, then entertainment for entertainments sake will do me. Particularly when the alternative is Walcott (no entertainment or end product), Iwobi (ditto) or playing Dom or Richy on the wing instead of them being a front two.

it’s not like we are a particularly entertaining team at the moment, so while I would happily replace him for a 15 goal winger or an entertainer who offers more goals and assists, until we get that, then I would rather watch him entertain than almost all the others we have!

His technical ability is superb be the best on the team as far as first touch, dribbling, creating pockets of space and retaining possession under pressure. Links up well with dinge on the left and puts considerable shift in defensively. Passing and crossing is good just needs to up his production. clearly has the ability like his volley earlier this year.Footballers footballer needs to work on fitness spend less time injuried with knocks and produce more as he is capable

Correct, shocks me that blues want rid of a player like that. Sack the money ball statistics and use your eyes.

I suppose we could sign Silva, Allan, James, Kante and Willian and pray that it gels immediately and works next year. There'll be a steep price if it doesn't.

Pretty sure this is jarg anyway.
Doubbt Kante comes here anyway but it would be him or Allan. would never be both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back