Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane needs binning as a priority. He is probably our worst first team player.

I don't know what will happen with him mate - 2 years left on his deal so its either give him a new contract, sell this summer or risk losing him on the cheap next year in his final year of his contract.

I personally would move him on as I dont think he is good enough but it depends if we can get Gabriel or not.

I dont particularly want Silva in on massive wages for just the 1 season or so and I aint convinced on Toshibo.

I don't know what will happen with him mate - 2 years left on his deal so its either give him a new contract, sell this summer or risk losing him on the cheap next year in his final year of his contract.

I personally would move him on as I dont think he is good enough but it depends if we can get Gabriel or not.

I dont particularly want Silva in on massive wages for just the 1 season or so.
I would personally sell him end of this season, I think he's one of our few sell-able (discardable) players that could pull in a fee, maybe high teens.

If Keane carries on like that I would just get a CB in on loan if funds are tight as cover for him/Holgate/Mina and concentrate on the CM, wide & RB positions.

8 games to prove his worth.
It’s an easy system and an opponent for him to look good in. Coleman to, defensively he had a great game against Mané.

But against weaker opposition, Keane will be high up the pitch. Which maybe doesn’t suit him and Coleman will be expected to contribute a lot more going forward, which I think sadly them days are gone.

Not trying to come across to negative after a good performance, but I think we need to upgrade both positions. Also I’m not that comfortable watching them trying to play out from the back. If Ancelotti sticks with that, then we will need technically better players. Or that will bite us in the arse plenty of times over a season.

It’s an easy system and an opponent for him to look good in. Coleman to, defensively he had a great game against Mané.

But against weaker opposition, Keane will be high up the pitch. Which maybe doesn’t suit him and Coleman will be expected to contribute a lot more going forward, which I think sadly them days are gone.

Not trying to come across to negative after a good performance, but I think we need to upgrade both positions. Also I’m not that comfortable watching them trying to play out from the back. If Ancelotti sticks with that, then we will need technically better players. Or that will bite us in the arse plenty of times over a season.

Yeah true mate - I just really want the midfield and wide areas sorting out massively.

If the money is there I would be happy to sell Keane and reinvest in someone more commanding/quicker and better with the ball.

It's not about being negative, it's just not being blinded by the clean sheet. we all know he's not good enough but unlike the rest of the rotters he isn't close to 30 yet so we can get a fee.

I’m not that comfortable watching them trying to play out from the back. If Ancelotti sticks with that, then we will need technically better players. Or that will bite us in the arse plenty of times over a season.
I noticed in tonight's game whenever we tried to play out from the back the RS would pressure us in our third of the pitch. If we lost the ball we were instantly on the defensive. But when the RS played out from the back there was no pressure on them at all until they got well in to our final third. When they lost the ball they still had men back to defend so our only option was to let them re-form their position or attempt a quick counter that rarely came to anything.
If we're going to play from the back, we need to really put pressure on teams when they're playing from the back.

Yeah true mate - I just really want the midfield and wide areas sorting out massively.

If the money is there I would be happy to sell Keane and reinvest in someone more commanding/quicker and better with the ball.
Yes I’ve always thought Gomes would struggle in a 2. I know he’s not match sharp and off a bad injury. But just strolled at times and got the ball knicked off him more than once.

2 powerful and aggressive midfielders is a must in this system and another quality attacking player.
I’d have no issue selling Bernard

I noticed in tonight's game whenever we tried to play out from the back the RS would pressure us in our third of the pitch. If we lost the ball we were instantly on the defensive. But when the RS played out from the back there was no pressure on them at all until they got well in to our final third. When they lost the ball they still had men back to defend so our only option was to let them re-form their position or attempt a quick counter that rarely came to anything.
If we're going to play from the back, we need to really put pressure on teams when they're playing from the back.

Yes true, I suppose we were scared to commit so many on to them, for the fear of get ripped apart.

Yes I’ve always thought Gomes would struggle in a 2. I know he’s not match sharp and off a bad injury. But just strolled at times and got the ball knicked off him more than once.

2 powerful and aggressive midfielders is a must in this system and another quality attacking player.
I’d have no issue selling Bernard

We need a ball winner in there, like a Gana or Lee Carsley, then we could play one of Davies or Gomes. I don't mind selling Bernard if someone else is coming in

We desperately need a ball carrier from the back 4 or a central midfielder comfortable at receiving the ball and moving forward from the back .
Watching the panic today when the goalkeeper passed short was scary

We have got no world class players in the squad and we need to show some clout and buy one or two, until we do that we are going nowhere.

If we are serious about doing anything i would expect us to get at least 2 world class signings this window, if not, we're just gonna flirt from 12th to 7th for the remainder of what's left of this hideous existence we find ourselves in.

We have got no world class players in the squad and we need to show some clout and buy one or two, until we do that we are going nowhere.

If we are serious about doing anything i would expect us to get at least 2 world class signings this window, if not, we're just gonna flirt from 12th to 7th for the remainder of what's left of this hideous existence we find ourselves in.
Richie is world class he will play at the highest level. I just hope it’s for Everton. Holgate and DCL both could become world class.

I would love for us to bring in a top quality CM and RM at least when the window opens. I do think we need 4 or 5 quality signings to hopefully compete for Europe next season.

Based on todays performance, we dont need to buy anyone. If the best team in the league cant beat us, no sense in making any changes to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back