Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not worse than, schniederlin, sigurdsson or Walcott, I'd sell all 3 of them before Keane
Problem is siggurdson and walcott are indeed worse so they are less likely to be wanted by other teams as well. I think Keane could easily fetch 17-20m from another prem team. Hes English which helps the quota and as seen today he's useful when defending deep. Walcott is done and Siggy has been gash. Morgan is basically being given away just so we are shut of his wages

...I actually thought Coleman did well recovering when forwards got in behind him. He demonstrated powers of recovery, so sitting deep didn’t particularly aid his performance.

Would you be confident in Coleman playing 10 games at right back in a row and delivering above average performances week in, week out though?

For me, it was one game where we sat deep, yes he got back well but weve seen many times this past couple of seasons that hes a bit like Keane and Gomes. One week great and then a weak link a game or two after.

I imagine thats why Sidibe has been mostly favoured as a starter.

Im fine with Coleman as a backup but hes finished delivering consistent performances over a number of games. The same could be said for Baines.

Would you be confident in Coleman playing 10 games at right back in a row and delivering above average performances week in, week out though?

For me, it was one game where we sat deep, yes he got back well but weve seen many times this past couple of seasons that hes a bit like Keane and Gomes. One week great and then a weak link a game or two after.

I imagine thats why Sidibe has been mostly favoured as a starter.

Im fine with Coleman as a backup but hes finished delivering consistent performances over a number of games. The same could be said for Baines.

...the break might have actually been good for Coleman. 10 games in a row might not be an issue, but 3 a week might be. I wonder if Kyle John might be given an opportunity and if so, those two might just do us in the short-term. It’s a big chance for John if he get’s a game.

I like Coleman lots and I imagine the manager loves having him around USM FF as any club needs his type of professional. He might not be a regular going forward, but I still think he’ll be around.

...the break might have actually been good for Coleman. 10 games in a row might not be an issue, but 3 a week might be. I wonder if Kyle John might be given an opportunity and if so, those two might just do us in the short-term. It’s a big chance for John if he get’s a game.

I like Coleman lots and I imagine the manager loves having him around USM FF as any club needs his type of professional. He might not be a regular going forward, but I still think he’ll be around.

I doubt it. If anyone is swapping with Coleman it’ll be Martina. Ancelotti stuck two keepers on the bench yesterday instead of Kyle.

I doubt it. If anyone is swapping with Coleman it’ll be Martina. Ancelotti stuck two keepers on the bench yesterday instead of Kyle.

Possible the younger kids who have been training with the first team (simms, adeniran and john) may get some small game time towards the end of the season once our players are absolutely goosed from 6 games in 3 weeks.

I think it spoke volumes how CA only one made sub before 88 mins when its our first game back, we havent had any warm up games. It shows a lack of squad depth and how little he trusts some. I like Bernard, i thought he would have come on earlier, it's not like he isnt without energy, perhaps he was carrying a knock.

It could open a door for the younger ones when we are for sure not able to qualify for Europe.

The midfield is the majority why this season is cack, We need 2 CM's at a minimum for me.

problem Is we bought three last summer and they’ve barely played. If Gomes Gbamin and Delph stay fit next season then it will look silly if we’ve bought another two CMs (unless we sell Schneiderlin Siggurdson Davies Baningime Besic) all in the one window. I suppose that would leave us with 5 CMs which wouldn’t be that bad but in a 442, that means three won’t be playing on a regular basis.

problem Is we bought three last summer and they’ve barely played. If Gomes Gbamin and Delph stay fit next season then it will look silly if we’ve bought another two CMs (unless we sell Schneiderlin Siggurdson Davies Baningime Besic) all in the one window. I suppose that would leave us with 5 CMs which wouldn’t be that bad but in a 442, that means three won’t be playing on a regular basis.
1 perm 1 loan, Delph/Gbamin can't be trusted with the injuries they are getting.

...I actually thought Coleman did well recovering when forwards got in behind him. He demonstrated powers of recovery, so sitting deep didn’t particularly aid his performance.

Coleman has developed under a very competent defensive right back for us. I've noted it a few times, when playing against a direct winger, often with a low centre of gravity, he goes man to man and generally at least gives as good as he gets. Watch the game against Mane last year at Goodison, or the game against Hazard when we played Chelsea etc. They don't get much change out of him. Compared to Sidibe, who when up against Mane in December, or Aubamyang earlier on he was absolutely nowhere.

I think most other elements of his game are a bit questionable but he still has great ability to go up close and put it on the top wingers. Thats something that has developed with him over time. You think if we were to get a young attacking fullback in, they may get some games playing ahead of Coleman in big games, where the manager sacrifices a bit going the other way to be more solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back