Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they're the same level. Average-to-wank forwards that won't make it at Everton.
On that logic so is Fraser. His best season he played 38 games in the prem an got 7 goals I think. In a season Anichiebe got 6 in like 26 games.

Again, stats at a pissant club with an unambitious manager, he’d be a mistake waiting to happen for any top club, never mind us

We don’t know how good or bad Gbamin is because we simply haven’t seen enough of him through no fault of his own, quad injuries are the worst kind to get but you can come back from them, he’s only not been back sooner purely because they discovered dead muscle tissue from a minor injury years earlier that was preventing his recovery

No sane club signs 2 £100k+ a week players that aren’t used to the English game, 1 yes but 2 not a chance, you still need to have one player with experience to help bed in
I mean, typically it’s harder to produce stats in a poor side...not sure that point helps you

Tbf I did miss that Bernard did have a truly impressive season in Brazil in 2012. So the count is 1 to 1. Just that Fraser's one is in a top three worldwide league and Bernard's is in a league whose quality level is anyone's guess.

Bernard has had assists in every season he’s played in including at Champion’s League level, Fraser once failed to register a single assist in 21 games in the Championship

On that logic so is Fraser. His best season he played 38 games in the prem an got 7 goals I think. In a season Anichiebe got 6 in like 26 games.

I think Fraser just got the odd 15 or so assists as well. But if you discount the 15 assists, then he's just as productive as Bernard.

There is more to football than just goals an assists. I like Bernard be happy if we got a upgrade still. I think him an Digne helped each other on the left side last season. They played some good football An Bernard would always get back to help out. Digne hasn’t been himself this season. An Bernard hasn’t kicked on like I was hoping. So am not against selling him but I am if it’s for Fraser.

There is more to football than just goals an assists. I like Bernard be happy if we got a upgrade still. I think him an Digne helped each other on the left side last season. They played some good football An Bernard would always get back to help out. Digne hasn’t been himself this season. An Bernard hasn’t kicked on like I was hoping. So am not against selling him but I am if it’s for Fraser.

I'm not in love with Fraser. I'd prefer better myself. However, I do think that he's at least as good as Bernard, and he's free. Selling Bernard and bringing Fraser in for free would have an overall strengthening effect on the squad imo.

I think Fraser just got the odd 15 or so assists as well. But if you discount the 15 assists, then he's just as productive as Bernard.
Yeah because he’s a winger they should be getting assists an he had a great season but your the one comparing midfielders to strikers to make a point. I don’t disagree Bernard should be getting more goals an assists. I disagree that you compared Iwobi to Anichiebe.

Yeah because he’s a winger they should be getting assists an he had a great season but your the one comparing midfielders to strikers to make a point. I don’t disagree Bernard should be getting more goals an assists. I disagree that you compared Iwobi to Anichiebe.

Fair enough mate. I see Iwobi having a similar Everton career to Anichebe, though. Unable to make the grade in unspectacular Everton sides.

I'm not in love with Fraser. I'd prefer better myself. However, I do think that he's at least as good as Bernard, and he's free. Selling Bernard and bringing Fraser in for free would have an overall strengthening effect on the squad imo.
Maybe your right but Fraser hasn’t been up to much this season. Bernard hasn’t either but who for Everton has been good this season Dom Holgate Rich. I would like someone better than Fraser an Bernard If that’s possible. If it isn’t I don’t mind seeing if Bernard can kick on next season instead of Fraser free players are never really free an if he doesn’t work we are stuck with him on a massive contract for probably like 5 years.

free players are never really free an if he doesn’t work we are stuck with him on a massive contract for probably like 5 years.

This argument is made often, but the same applies to the likes of Iwobi and Gbamin. We are just paying 30 million pound for the privilege of taking on their wage liability in the first place. It's a really bad waste of money.

For me, the likes of Willian on a free is far less risky than paying god knows how much for the likes of Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gbamin etc.

Rooney was already fat and knackered when we got him. Nobody else was actually interested in him. Willian will have options, good options, not Alabama FC options.

This argument is made often, but the same applies to the likes of Iwobi and Gbamin. We are just paying 30 million pound for the privilege of taking on their wage liability in the first place. It's a really bad waste of money.

For me, the likes of Willian on a free is far less risky than paying god knows how much for the likes of Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gbamin etc.

Rooney was already fat and knackered when we got him. Nobody else was actually interested in him. Willian will have options, good options, not Alabama FC options.
I wouldn’t be against Willian he’s a great player. Better than all the options we currently have out wide. I personally aren’t going to right Gbamin off yet I haven’t seen enough of him. Hopefully he can come back from this injury stay fit an get a good run in the team.

I think Iwobi was a bit of a panic buy because we couldn’t get Zaha. He is a Silva player an doesn’t fit the Carlo system am not sure if Carlo will change from his 442. That said he might when we get better players.

Sigs legs are gone he stands around pointing. I don’t think we ever should have bought him but if people like to go on just Goals an Assists he was great last season. Even tho a lot of us watching didn’t think he was. I think if we get the opportunity to move him on we need too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back