Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen him lately some players just start to look really old tho. I couldn’t believe thomas muller is still only 30. He has looked like a 45 year old since he was about 20.

I know mate, was just messing about.

Its down to the amount the played at a Very young age...and also all the over training he was doing too.

Almost 500 games at 26!!

Thats around the same number owen and fowler had in whole career

I know mate, was just messing about.

Its down to the amount the played at a Very young age...and also all the over training he was doing too.

Almost 500 games at 26!!

Thats around the same number owen and fowler had in whole career
Same with Rooney he started looking old real fast. Rom does seem like he has been around forever an he is still only just turned 27 really.

I know everybody hates Sky, but I dont mind them myself, they have pumped in vast sums of money and allowed clubs like us to buy quality players.

But only a fool would suggest what they will show for potentially the next 6 months is anything like the product they paid a vast sum of money for.
Again it is all about what is in the contract. Sky may have bought it with the intention of every game having an atmosphere, but if that isn't specified and the contract is simply the rights to X number of football matches, I can't see them really having a leg to stand on legally. The way I read it most of the problems with lost money on the TV rights side stem from timing issues including a lot of "losses" that are really just deferments because the games will come and therefore the money will come after 6/30 year ends.

It's about the "product", without the fans in the stadium, the prematch build up, the post match dissection, the agony and ecstacy on the fans faces, they don't have the "product", so they are not paying the price for it. Total bull in my opinion, but the people that run the premier league have agreed with Sky and BT.

Anyway the news about schniederlin is positive, a blind otter would be more use most of the time than him. With the price though we have to factor in that he is on £100,000 per week, Nice will only pay him half that so we will probably have to give him the difference for one year to leave, which is £2.6m, so we would probably only make a couple of million on the deal, but at least he would be gone.
I understand Sky bought it with all that attached, but it comes down to what they said in the actual contract as to whether the PL delivering just the match with none of the other stuff is enough for full payment. And obviously delaying things will cost some money as there will have been timing stipulations, but I don't think that amount is catastrophic necessarily.

Besic is one of those piss takers. He was on loan for 18 months at a Championship side and they didn’t even rate him enough to pay £3m for him. He’s been at Everton for 6 years, is nearly 28 years old and has never looked like holding down a first team place despite us having pure dog turd playing in the midfield.
You do make a compelling point.

I thought he showed some flashes early doors, but I'm happy to admit that I wouldn't have so much as mentioned his name if it wasn't for my suspicion that there isn't going to be money to spend in the summer. I do think that he should have been brought back in January, purely because of the numbers situation, but then I have less respect for Schneiderlin and Delph than I did Gemmil and Nyarko, whereas others feel the same way about Besic.

Thats a fair point. I take optimism from us being top 6 since Silva left. I think it's essentially a top 6 squad but home advantage is a big loss for Everton for sure.

It will be a pretty wild summer, not just for us but across the board, so probably need to wait to see what happens by August.

I do think we struggle for lack of good senior pro's in the team. I think back to the Smith/Moyes days and even though we didnt have much money we had some good senior guys. Ferguson, Campbell, Stubbs, Weir, Carsley, Watson etc all helped the club enormously. Aside from Coleman and Baines, I'm not sure we have many of them left.
Admittedly, I'm guilty of being extremely glass half-empty when it comes to Everton, and I'll always be distrustful of any regime involving Kenwright.

Like most football fans, I'm a big admirer of Ancelotti, both as a personality and a manager, and I do believe that with enough resources he could do something meaningful here. However, I don't see the point of paying him £1m a month to squeeze a seventh- or eight-place finish out of this squad, which is about the limit of what I think they're capable of. As things stand, I'd say that Tottenham and possibly Arsenal are vulnerable, but that Leicester and Wolves are better equipped to overtake them than Everton are. You're right to point out that this could change in the space of a transfer window, though.

In regard to needing older heads, it's a shame that things haven't worked out with Delph, who I'd hoped would bring some good habits from City, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the humility or self-awareness to be a leader in a top-10 team. It's almost as if he thought that everyone could be fooled into believing that he was ever a regular fixture in their midfield.

Admittedly, I'm guilty of being extremely glass half-empty when it comes to Everton, and I'll always be distrustful of any regime involving Kenwright.

Like most football fans, I'm a big admirer of Ancelotti, both as a personality and a manager, and I do believe that with enough resources he could do something meaningful here. However, I don't see the point of paying him £1m a month to squeeze a seventh- or eight-place finish out of this squad, which is about the limit of what I think they're capable of. As things stand, I'd say that Tottenham and possibly Arsenal are vulnerable, but that Leicester and Wolves are better equipped to overtake them than Everton are. You're right to point out that this could change in the space of a transfer window, though.

In regard to needing older heads, it's a shame that things haven't worked out with Delph, who I'd hoped would bring some good habits from City, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the humility or self-awareness to be a leader in a top-10 team. It's almost as if he thought that everyone could be fooled into believing that he was ever a regular fixture in their midfield.

Why get Ancelotti then? That's a worthwhile question in all of this. If you want to keep chugging along solidly, you save yourself money and just get Moyesz surely?

....presume that’s a biscuit factory. I think he’s a poor professional, so any monies we can recoup is a plus.
Should never have turned out for Everton again after being kicked out of training for messing around with his mate.

Full-blown joke of a player.

They paid for football matches and football matches will be played. Maybe they have something in their contract about having fans or whatever, but I highly doubt it. They have no real basis to not pay the PL what they said they would if the games are played.
They pay for games so that they have a constant stream of customers paying monthly subscriptions. People cancel when there are no games. Bunching them later into a smaller timeframe reduces their income. Maybe new subscriber's will choose to join to cover some of this short term loss but it's not guaranteed.

They pay for games so that they have a constant stream of customers paying monthly subscriptions. People cancel when there are no games. Bunching them later into a smaller timeframe reduces their income. Maybe new subscriber's will choose to join to cover some of this short term loss but it's not guaranteed.
And that's what I mean when I say Sky could maybe decide to not pay some of the money with the delay being the justification, but that has nothing to do with the product and the no fans part of it.

Why get Ancelotti then? That's a worthwhile question in all of this. If you want to keep chugging along solidly, you save yourself money and just get Moyesz surely?
At the risk of outing myself as the Everton David Icke, Ancelotti is about as big of a PR home run as they could have ever hoped to hit, and his presence alone will be enough to keep a lot of fans placated.

From his perspective, he's got nothing left to prove, and he'd already started moving down the football pyramid when he took the Napoli job (incidentally, he never challenged the regime there, even when the chairman went to war with the players). His next step in Italy would likely have seen him land at another non-elite club, where they'd have paid him a fraction of what he's making here, so I could see why this would look like a cushy number to someone who is used to shouldering enormous expectations. There's also the added the bonus that outsiders see treading water at Everton as a remarkable achievement, as evidenced by one of his predecessors getting the Manchester United job without ever winning a trophy or playing a single Champions League group game in 11 years.

As you can probably tell, I am truly scarred by Moyes trousering an enormous salary in exchange for telling us not to blame Kenwright for going four transfer windows without a single first team purchase, and to vote for Kirkby while we're at it.

At the risk of outing myself as the Everton David Icke, Ancelotti is about as big of a PR home run as they could have ever hoped to hit, and his presence alone will be enough to keep a lot of fans placated.

From his perspective, he's got nothing left to prove, and he'd already started moving down the football pyramid when he took the Napoli job (incidentally, he never challenged the regime there, even when the chairman went to war with the players). His next step in Italy would likely have seen him land at another non-elite club, where they'd have paid him a fraction of what he's making here, so I could see why this would look like a cushy number to someone who is used to shouldering enormous expectations. There's also the added the bonus that outsiders see treading water at Everton as a remarkable achievement, as evidenced by one of his predecessors getting the Manchester United job without ever winning a trophy or playing a single Champions League group game in 11 years.

As you can probably tell, I am truly scarred by Moyes trousering an enormous salary in exchange for telling us not to blame Kenwright for going four transfer windows without a single first team purchase, and to vote for Kirkby while we're at it.
I’m pretty sure he did challenge the regime at Napoli, was it over something like the owner wanting the team to stay at the training ground, for a certain group of matches and not go home.

And I think Allan was one of the ring leaders koulibaly too. And if you read what them two think of Ancelotti, I would say he had their back.

I’m sure the Napoli owners would have him back tomorrow, instead of Gattuso.

I’m pretty sure he did challenge the regime at Napoli, was it over something like the owner wanting the team to stay at the training ground, for a certain group of matches and not go home.

And I think Allan was one of the ring leaders koulibaly too. And if you read what them two think of Ancelotti, I would say he had their back.

I’m sure the Napoli owners would have him back tomorrow, instead of Gattuso.
Yeah, the looney chairman was demanding that they go into ritiro, but the players rebelled.

If I remember correctly, Ancelotti said that he personally would respect the chairman's wishes, but that while he hoped the squad would follow suit, he couldn't force them. That was according to James Horncastle's version of events.

It sounded as though De Laurentiis was trying to bait Ancelotti into breaching his contract, but I think he underestimated his opponent.

I couldn't be doing with some Benitez-type bleating every single week, but I'm also not expecting to see Ancelotti take the club to task if transfer funds fail to materialise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back