Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels to me like a Moshiri signing ‘just get me a star name Carlo’. If he was 30 then yes, but 35 and completely unproven in the premier league. He’s been strolling round in Serie A and Ligue une his whole career surrounded by the best players in the best team facing relatively poor teams. He’s going to find himself between Pickford, Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman with Siggurdson and Tom Davies ‘protecting’ him and he’ll be up against the likes of Sterling Rashford Kane Aguero etc.

I think that's very fair, there's a lot of Moshiri here. I do feel quite a bit of Ancelotti too though, who will want to work with top players. There's no doubt he will be on the slide, but I have little doubt he will be miles better than what we have. The issue is how much further does he decline?

He will certainly not have the protection he had at PSG, but thats true of anyone we buy. He's always been quite quick and able to defend 1 v 1. Thats almost better practice than say Michael Keane who played in a system where defenders get a lot of protection.

the only potential issue with Thiago Silva is wages. I’m finding it hard to imagine they’d be anything but huge. But, and it’s a huge but, if we can tie him to somewhat reasonable wages, the PR opportunity could be worth it alone. If we buy Gabriel (Silva could also help sway this) then our CBs are still largely young - I’d be all for Silva coming in but it’s with the caveat of not having silly wages

Probably none of us here are that itk, but will we have money to spend this summer, or at least much money?

Possibly, possibly not.

Nobody really knows. Personally think we will have some, just about whether we can get extra from manipulating FFP and offloading as many as the fringe as possible.

about Sliva, I don’t really have a strong feelings either way about him. But that being said I don’t know why but if I am supporting a team with a Brazilian defender in it, it always make me nervous. I always see them as fantastic going forward but lacking in the defensive side of the game.

the only potential issue with Thiago Silva is wages. I’m finding it hard to imagine they’d be anything but huge. But, and it’s a huge but, if we can tie him to somewhat reasonable wages, the PR opportunity could be worth it alone. If we buy Gabriel (Silva could also help sway this) then our CBs are still largely young - I’d be all for Silva coming in but it’s with the caveat of not having silly wages

I dont mind the big wages if its on a 1 or 2 year deal, as there is no long-term commitment there like we have been struggling with Sandro, Bolasie, Schneiderlin etc. It's when we're offering £100/150k per week to your siggurdssons who are old and wont be able to be sold for a reasonable fee. We then get the problem.

Regardless of his age, his experience, ability and mentality will offer alot. Not just for the team, but the likes of Holgate who has developed very well recently and may need that extra bit of presence with him to help guide him further.

Possibly, possibly not.

Nobody really knows. Personally think we will have some, just about whether we can get extra from manipulating FFP and offloading as many as the fringe as possible.

I think your probably right.

I am not a fan of FFP. I don’t want to see clubs go to the wall of course, but whoose to say a man or woman cannot spend there money in a way that they want to.

cant help but feel it’s set in place to help the old firm of top clubs to keep away from any new Chelsea or Man City

I think your probably right.

I am not a fan of FFP. I don’t want to see clubs go to the wall of course, but whoose to say a man or woman cannot spend there money in a way that they want to.

cant help but feel it’s set in place to help the old firm of top clubs to keep away from any new Chelsea or Man City

It is absolutely there to protect the big clubs, not to protect those who may overspend and go bust. EPL and UEFA/FIFA do everything they can to protect their clubs, particulary those as part o the g14 thing or whatever.

The rumour was PSG had offered him 85k a week. The only thing I can think is if money is tight, maybe keeping Kenny( unless we get a good offer) silva on a free. And use what money we can to concentrate on 2 midfielders and a new attacker.

Feels to me like a Moshiri signing ‘just get me a star name Carlo’. If he was 30 then yes, but 35 and completely unproven in the premier league. He’s been strolling round in Serie A and Ligue une his whole career surrounded by the best players in the best team facing relatively poor teams. He’s going to find himself between Pickford, Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman with Siggurdson and Tom Davies ‘protecting’ him and he’ll be up against the likes of Sterling Rashford Kane Aguero etc.

Thats my issue aswell - I have no problem with an Allan coming in at age 29 but 35 is pushing it a bit!

I would only take him as 4th choice on a free for 2 seasons as a stop gap.

about Sliva, I don’t really have a strong feelings either way about him. But that being said I don’t know why but if I am supporting a team with a Brazilian defender in it, it always make me nervous. I always see them as fantastic going forward but lacking in the defensive side of the game.
Am sure this is a really interesting and insightful post but I couldn't find my magnifying glass to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back