Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope our minds haven't been changed by branthwaite playing one game. We need to have youngsters like that for backup but we need 4 first choices really. Look at our options now with just two injuries, keane and branthwaite with nobody on the bench. Imagine if we had those options for a few months in a season? He's young so he's not going to play every game as well as yesterday.
Agreed, I keep pointing out that Branthwaite will probably play most of his football with the under 23s next year.
But, at present we do have three centre halves, we have Gibson who has done well at Fleetwood and Branthwaite if needed. If Gbamin ever gets fit he is nearly regarded as a better centre half than midfield player.
I am not convinced we will be spending 30m odd on any centre half.

Agreed, I keep pointing out that Branthwaite will probably play most of his football with the under 23s next year.
But, at present we do have three centre halves, we have Gibson who has done well at Fleetwood and Branthwaite if needed. If Gbamin ever gets fit he is nearly regarded as a better centre half than midfield player.
I am not convinced we will be spending 30m odd on any centre half.

Im convinced we will, we wouldn't have had Gabriel pretty much sorted until COVID hit. I'm not sure any of our CB's have enough to make CA and MB feel like we dont need that extra quality.

I have no issue with us improving that area providing it isnt at the cost of others.

am not claiming ITK or anything but my mate who's very close to the wigan camp ( not gonna disclose capacity ) mentioned we have made initial enquires for joe gelhardt - i dunno if thats unsworth maybe wanting him for the under 23s

could imagine him to do for a reasonable price - met the kid in person hes built like a tank very rooney esque in build

Been linked before, meant to be very good.

I hope our minds haven't been changed by branthwaite playing one game. We need to have youngsters like that for backup but we need 4 first choices really. Look at our options now with just two injuries, keane and branthwaite with nobody on the bench. Imagine if we had those options for a few months in a season? He's young so he's not going to play every game as well as yesterday.

Name a team that's not in Europe that has 4+ good options at centre back?
And when do youngsters become more than back up if they constantly have more new players brought in ahead of them despite seizing their limited opportunities?

And when do youngsters become more than back up if they constantly have more new players brought in ahead of them despite seizing their limited opportunities?

I think if we signed Gabriel then Branthwaite would still get a good amount of game time.

Ancelotti likes to rotate and we will only get into europe through competition.

Id love to have:

Holgate + Right sided branthwaite
Gabriel + Branthwaite

As our centre back options and sell Mina/Keane and loan Gibson.

Makes more sense to me than carrying average or injury prone players.

I think if we signed Gabriel then Branthwaite would still get a good amount of game time.

Ancelotti likes to rotate and we will only get into europe through competition.

Id love to have:

Holgate + Right sided branthwaite
Gabriel + Branthwaite

As our centre back options and sell Mina/Keane and loan Gibson.

Makes more sense to me than carrying average or injury prone players.

What about Michael Keane at Everton? An England International so would get on well with Holgate, Walcott, Pickford and Delph.

Would even help Holgate break into the England team.

Depends what you class as 'good options' I suppose, but it's certainly not uncommon for PL teams to have 4 senior centre halves.

am not claiming ITK or anything but my mate who's very close to the wigan camp ( not gonna disclose capacity ) mentioned we have made initial enquires for joe gelhardt - i dunno if thats unsworth maybe wanting him for the under 23s

could imagine him to do for a reasonable price - met the kid in person hes built like a tank very rooney esque in build

If only we had a player on loan at Wigan coming to the end of his contract and doing well there.........

That said id say Wigan will be looking for cold hard cash, given they are in administration, but that could work in our favor given its an administrators role to make financial decisions rather then football ones.

If only we had a player on loan at Wigan coming to the end of his contract and doing well there.........

That said id say Wigan will be looking for cold hard cash, given they are in administration, but that could work in our favor given its an administrators role to make financial decisions rather then football ones.

I'd take joe williams back over tom davies as well - made a wrong choice there IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back