Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nar I get where he's coming from with Allan, its quite short sighted, but as I say, Carlo ain't here for the long game, neither is Moshiri and neither for that matter is the fanbase. We all want it here and we want it now.
Same every club mate.

I just wanna see quality players playing for us not wasted gambles like Iwobi & Sandro.
Short term is the only way to success ask Chelsea or early City , it is only when you get that success you keep your better players and add to get long term stability.

Any players that are brought in and make it big are just taken by the bigger clubs.
Always been this way.

I think we are close.

Leicester nearly did it last season and despite what people will say, they don't have 11 quality players.

We have the right manager and we have a match-winner in Rico, why not?

Clearly we need to get the recruitment right this summer, but I always believe we can do something every season, otherwise whats the point?

Last year we finished the season better than Leicester for a long period and IMO went in to the summer in a very similar position.

They had a decent window, we lost Gueye and Zouma and the difference between us was there for everyone to see.

2 or 3 really good signings this summer and we could be right back in the mix IMO. It turns that’s quickly. As we seen last year.

Last year we finished the season better than Leicester for a long period and IMO went in to the summer in a very similar position.

They had a decent window, we lost Gueye and Zouma and the difference between us was there for everyone to see.

2 or 3 really good signings this summer and we could be right back in the mix IMO. It turns that’s quickly. As we seen last year.

Leicester went from fighting relegation to winning the title and yet mans don't think we can go from 12th to 4th with the best manager in the world.

I'm about 2 posts away from talking about Buster Douglas and Tyson.
Come on now a one off boxing match vs a 38 game league season. You get this I know you do.

Sure we could ride our luck a bit and get in the mix next year. But I'd still like us to try for once to stay on a 3 year path to being good. We have the manager to do that now if everyone can remain patient.

Personally, I think we have been trotting out this need for patience and talking about ‘long term’ plans for decades and it’s got us absolutely nowhere. So much changes over 2 or 3 years that I think it’s pointless trying to implement some kind of consistent plan over that period.

Richarlison, for example, is odds on to leave next summer. In fact, our whole obsession with resale value means that anyone that’s half decent should be sold within 3 or 4 years. Let me guess, we have to factor in constantly selling our best players into our never ending five year plans?

The big clubs treat each and every season as a season where winning is possible, they don’t do this mad thing where they wait five years for the stars to align in a perfect set of circumstances and then give it a go.

It’s the equivalent of waiting until you’re 35, working in senior management, and have finally bought a house until you ask a bird for a snog!

Honestly, you don’t wait until you are 35! You make do the with the Adidas popper pants that your mum has bought you and go for it anyway! And you actually get results, good results!

All this 5 year plan nonsense is essentially admitting defeat before you have even started. The RS never talk about five year plans. They’ve spent the last 30 years saying “This year is our year”, and although it has taken them 30 years and the onset of a worldwide pandemic to finally be correct, it’s such a better attitude than going into each season thinking that you are five years away from being able to compete as part of a never ending five year plan!

Add the fact that Ancellotti is only going to be here for a few years, and we really need to challenge now and stop waiting for the stars to align!
A five year plan is a convenient excuse in a way for bad managament and a failure from top to bottom to be winners. However the truth is the way football is now the realistic position is we do have to build we can't just spend our way into position like Chelsea or City did because our wealth is not as vast and there is now FFP. So we do have to build, Tottenham is a good example to follow the issue has been in recent years we have gone backwards.

I’ll never take a players age into account since we signed a “finished” 53 year old Gareth Barry and he was comfortably our best player for 2 years and we never really replaced him. Allan is 29 he’s not some ancient dinosaur. You can’t be up in arms about no resale value for an old player but then in the exact same vein be against selling younger players for profit. Either both are ok or neither are. We can’t keep players forever and some players are worth their fees for what they provide on the pitch immediately, not 2 or 3 years down the line when they come good.

Everyone says that every year.

Leicester got top 4 this season. Wolves and Sheffield United were in the mix until the last few weeks whilst back in 2005 the European champions finished 5th..
Nope.

You guys are underselling how hard this is. Leicester won the title. The last time a team not in the current "Big 6" finished top four before that? Us in 2005. This is a massive uphill battle. Maybe it could be done quickly but it is far more likely that a slow, gradual, year on year improvement is what will be necessary to make it up the slopes.

Come on now a one off boxing match vs a 38 game league season. You get this I know you do.

Sure we could ride our luck a bit and get in the mix next year. But I'd still like us to try for once to stay on a 3 year path to being good. We have the manager to do that now if everyone can remain patient.

Nobody has the patience you require.

Carlo defo doesnt, Moshiri 100% doesnt and this fanbase certainly doesnt.

So we continue on our tried and tested band aid transfer policy.

I totally get it, ive said for a while we need a reset.

Honestly if it was up to me I wouldnt buy anybody for the next 3 summers. Let everybody, bar a few, contracts expire and play the Under 18s.

Then start rebuilding from League One.

3 year path.

So signing a 29 year old shouldnt be part of that ?
Allan would be 32 .....not quite ready for the glue factory these days mate.
These lads are super fit nowadays and last well into mid 30's , how old is Fernandihno btw ?

Nobody has the patience you require.

Carlo defo doesnt, Moshiri 100% doesnt and this fanbase certainly doesnt.

So we continue on our tried and tested band aid transfer policy.

I totally get it, ive said for a while we need a reset.

Honestly if it was up to me I wouldnt buy anybody for the next 3 summers. Let everybody, bar a few, contracts expire and play the Under 18s.

Then start rebuilding from League One.
That's an exaggeration obviously.

I think Carlo might have some degree of patience. I don't think his reputation among the top, top teams is what it was and he won't be coaching them again if he doesn't show something here. Leaving after 2 years of limited progress torpedoes what is left of his career.

If we were close to winning things or the CL then whatever. Anyone going to argue we are close? If not this is a silly allocation of money.
I think Leicester is a better example of taking the long term approach. They sold Kante and signed someone to replace him for 8 years not 3. They sold Mahrez and did the same. I don't think it happened overnight for them.
Nar I get where he's coming from with Allan, its quite short sighted, but as I say, Carlo ain't here for the long game, neither is Moshiri and neither for that matter is the fanbase. We all want it here and we want it now.

I think Ancelotti will rebuild the midfield. That may involve say Gordon / Onyango / Dobbin ( who @catcherintherye rates highly) getting games in the next couple of years. Also of course Brands 'type' signings of young players to fill the 8 midfielder positions in the squad.

We'll need to have a consistent performer in the middle who can deliver 7/10 performances each game. Their attitude and leadership needs to spread through the other midfielders and change the culture of waddling along pulling out of tackles.

If Allan comes in as a starter for 3 seasons that gives us time to totally change the midfield around him while having some semblance of consistency.

With young players coming into the side they will need some consistent performers around them. We have up front and in defence but no one in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back