Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's wrong in the fact that the original poster is right and in the grand scheme of things it's not up to the fans to worry. Our opinion counts for very little in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure there were Villa fans, Portsmouth fans, Leeds fans worried just as much as there will be Evertonians worried about overspending or repurcussions.

Fact of the matter is we don't own the club, it's down to the owners to make calculations on what can and can't be spent. He's literally saying nothing that none of us have probably mentioned 1000 times over on here and just like our opinions, his opinion carries no more weight or significance than any other person who posts on here.
I don't have a problem with fans expressing concern over the long term solvency of the club. It is no different to speculating on the team selection aside from being mind numbingly boring when you get in the details.

Darren Bent was a very good CF - I dont get your point?

Everton currently have Richarlison aside Bambi, Kean & Tosun

The way some go on you would think we had Suarez, Vardy and Aubameyang up top
Darren Bent was a mirage whose high fee and wages set Villa back years and years. That's Belotti. An up and down player who would we pay way too much for and then get good but not great seasons out of.

Esk isn't all the way wrong here in that we are playing fast and loose with the finances but it really only becomes a problem if you go down. Otherwise the sheer volume of cash coming in covers everything.
He really is though, as we’ve got an owner / owners who are funding it. The comparison to Leeds is one that holds zero water and worse, he actually knows that.

Darren Bent was a mirage whose high fee and wages set Villa back years and years. That's Belotti. An up and down player who would we pay way too much for and then get good but not great seasons out of.

I dont see where you get this stuff from lad - you literslly making some random comparison up then add a fantastical scenario as to why we should pr shouldn't sign a player - you did it with Allan over his age aswell.

I can play that game - Moise Kean is like Balotelli and turns up to training late therefore spending £27 million on him to get 2 goals in return and off the field shenanigans would set us back... oh wait.

He really is though, as we’ve got an owner / owners who are funding it. The comparison to Leeds is one that holds zero water and worse, he actually knows that.
I genuinely don't know the Leeds story well enough to say how valid the comparison is. And I know that Esk is way off on some of the things here. But the idea that we're taking some big risks here is valid but so long as disaster doesn't striker it just doesn't matter.

I'm not sure this is the time for the conversation anyway. We're signing James Rodriguez.

I dont sse where you get this stuff from - you're literslly making some random comparison and making a fantastical scenario as to why we shouldn't sign him.

I can play that game - Moise Kean is like Balotelli and turns up to training late therefore spending £27 million on him to get 2 goals in return and off the field shenanigans would set us back... oh wait.
You couldn't resist.

You couldn't resist.

Its the exact thing you've just done.

Plucked some comparison based on a strand of similarity and made some obscure story and make it out as factual.

No one knows if Belotti would be a success here - but to make out Aston Villa's financial situation post Darren Bent joining is some message from beyond the grave to stay clear of the Italian Stallion is just bizarre.

If you dont rate a player fair enough but no need to make daft comparisons to random players / scenarios lol

Its the exact thing you've just done.

Plucked some comparison based on a strand of similarity and made some obscure story and make it out as factual.

No one knows if Belotti would be a success here - but to make out Aston Villa's financial situation post Darren Bent joining is some message from beyond the grave to stay clear of the Italian Stallion is just bizarre.

If you dont rate a player fair enough but no need to make daft comparisons to random players / scenarios lol
Any other players you'd compare his attitude to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back