Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kean still has a way to go in my opinion...

Could not rely on him getting regular goals on last years performances...

We need a proven goalscorer to compete with DCL for a starting position...
He's scored on his last two starts which were months apart because he was a backup. Which is what you wanted originally.

We will definetly shift out players before the end of the window to balance up the incomings. Other clubs will get desperate depends on the offers we get. We will want a core squad of 22-23.

We haven’t had a decent captain since Pip Neville who was a crap footballer

Do you believe that Coleman is good enough in the role

In short, no. Coleman loves the club and we love Coleman.

We need a right sided Digne ultimately.

As for a captain, it’s not easy to find them these days but Holgate could be the man despite his age.

Made up with who we're signing. Has directly solved a problem that was obvious to everyone. I was talking about the other positions we could potentially strengthen and someone asked why I though we should look to sign another striker. Not being negative.

Ok pal - missed the context. I guess in an ideal FFP-less world we could do with another proven striker coming in. But my feeling is that we have done in this window what we can to address the REAL problem area. I have high hopes for our forward line-up with the new midfield energy we're hopefully bringing in.

Cannot understand the fears of going the way of Leeds/Portsmouth/Villa etc, when the club are basically replacing an entire, ineffectual midfield, with a potentially exciting, peak aged one, for the price of Harry McGuire.

This also gives Gbamin and Gomes a chance to recover fully from horrific ,season destroying injuries.

The revamped midfield will hopefully pay dividends for the forwards and the defense too.

Yes, we have lots of wasters on big wages, but they are hopefully not going to be here for too much longer. The Koeman/Allardyce season was a total disaster.

I am even willing to see if the likes of Bernard and the so far dreadful Iwobi, can find their form in a totally revamped engine room.

Not this Leeds/Portsmouth stuff again

I remember this being peddled out constantly when Kenwright had to use his media pals to answer criticism. Mike Parry in particular.

“Don’t wanna be a Venkys lad”

Who the hell does ? lol

Cannot understand the fears of going the way of Leeds/Portsmouth/Villa etc, when the club are basically replacing an entire, ineffectual midfield, with a potentially exciting, peak aged one, for the price of Harry McGuire.

This also gives Gbamin and Gomes a chance to recover fully from horrific ,season destroying injuries.

The revamped midfield will hopefully pay dividends for the forwards and the defense too.

Yes, we have lots of wasters on big wages, but they are hopefully not going to be here for too much longer. The Koeman/Allardyce season was a total disaster.

I am even willing to see if the likes of Bernard and the so far dreadful Iwobi, can find their form in a totally revamped engine room.

We will sell players and we will loan players and we will get some of the money back.

We haven’t had a decent captain since Pip Neville who was a crap footballer

Do you believe that Coleman is good enough in the role
Both Coleman and Jags have been excellent footballers and ambassadors for the club. But they are not captains imo.
Baines the same, and the idea of Davies having the role after he has continuously regressed, has gone now. He is more a fashion model than a footballer sadly.

We need a proper leader who will go into battle. A larger than life character. That has been missing for decades sadly.

Don't know. We put a lot of pressure on our strikers and they're all young. If Calvert Lewin doesn't find his form and kean doesn't come good, we are relying solely on richarlison.
That's the issue right there mate. You don't know.

The reason you don't know is that unless we go out and spend a shed full of money, that we don't have, we're not going to bring in anybody better than the 3 we already have.

I'm not saying that we can't improve on what we have, just that we need to wait until we're in a position financially to upgrade. Hopefully our young strikers will all improve with the benefit of having a more creative midfield behind them, and we may decide we don't need to upgrade.

Carlo could do worse than plunder Real again now that the relationship is good, they have a highly rated young RB Alvaro Odriozola that they loaned to Bayern earlier this year just back at the club, could be a great shout off the back of the James transfer on a one year loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back