Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomori on loan is fine, Yeah we develop a Chelsea player but it is a stop gap to many problems, We get CB cover while the season is getting closer and closer, We can hopefully sign a new one next summer or persuade him to come here if he has a good season, Chelsea are stupid enough to sell let's not go through the list of players they've sold and regretted.
No issue with it to be honest.
Exactly this.

Even the top clubs do it, bring in a player to cover when money is better spent elsewhere.

I'd loan every position we need to cover if that was the cost of signing a new midfield. That was priority so we can patch up the rest for the time being.

Aye think it depends what formation we go with.

Im convinced he'll stick with 442 meaning if James is on the right I can only see a left sided wide player coming in rather than a right sided one.

If on the small chance he goes 433 next season then if James goes into midfield behind the front 3 then perhaps a right sided player could come in with Richarlison moved onto the left.

Exciting to see what we do!

I think we move more towards a 4-3-3.

Marina v Brands. The battle of the heavyweight football directors.

In fairness Brands may just see him as a good 1 year option, as Zouma was. Hes quick and storng and will play well next to any of our CB's, including Mina/Keane. Ver Zouma like.

You put Keane next to someone wth pace and he's a different player. Allows us to get Brainthwaite and Gibson a year on loan to further improve.

I can’t believe the Zaha links are genuine. Surely, there’s better out there in the world for less than what Palace would want..

I’d also be weary of the Gylfi factor. Big fish in small pond. He didn’t make it at ManU. What’s to say he’d make it here?

I can’t believe the Zaha links are genuine. Surely, there’s better out there in the world for less than what Palace would want..

I’d also be weary of the Gylfi factor. Big fish in small pond. He didn’t make it at ManU. What’s to say he’d make it here?
He was 21 at Man Utd so it is different now. Gylfi is bad because he's always been bad at certain things not because of some nonsense about fish. Ultimately though you're right, no Zaha.

Tomori on loan is fine, Yeah we develop a Chelsea player but it is a stop gap to many problems, We get CB cover while the season is getting closer and closer, We can hopefully sign a new one next summer or persuade him to come here if he has a good season, Chelsea are stupid enough to sell let's not go through the list of players they've sold and regretted.
No issue with it to be honest.
Only "issue" i would have is if we are down to Timori and, say, Keane and have to play Chelsea then Timori wouldn't be able to play. Really wish they would bin that off, it is quite annoying.

As meh as I am on Zaha, he is significantly better than what we have. Wins penalties, has had a few solid goal scoring seasons and can actually work in isolation which our wings struggle with dearly.

If we get him, it’s because Carlo rates him. That’s enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back