Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell on fees have become too big an issue for supporters if you ask me. When I started watching football we didn't discuss these things it was nobody's business. Now fans use it as a metric on if to sign someone, utterly weird and bizarre.
Maybe we are showing our age! All I used to (and still do) care about is getting the best players in for Everton.
Regardless of sell on fee, wages, twitter audience, marketability etc.
It's all a lot more "modern" now. Moneyball rules are king.
Perhaps that's why so many football fans hark back to the 1970/80s as the Golden era of football when things seemed a lot more simple?
Perhaps that's just me!
Anyway, keep up the current good work Everton - let's bag ourselves a trophy.

Maybe we are showing our age! All I used to (and still do) care about is getting the best players in for Everton.
Perhaps that's why so many football fans hark back to the 1970/80s as the Golden era of football when things seemed a lot more simple?
Perhaps that's just me!

I still remember getting all excited when we signed Mick Pejic!! :p

Perhaps that's just me!
I can honestly say I've never sat and had a conversation with another football fan about wages, ever, transfer fees yes but wages, never been a thing for me to worry about. I think the game was alot more fun on the pitch back then, the product we have to watch now is much better obviously but football has become slightly dull recently. Until James rocked up anyway haha.

Good times! I miss the old days. Hoping Mr Ancelotti brings back those feel good times with a cup or two.
Those on here that haven't seen us lift a cup will be amazed at how good it makes you feel. Much better than finishing 4th or 3rd or 7th or 8th!
The last time we won a trophy I was still wet behind the ears and would rather play then watch football. I remember the final against Chelsea though and when saha scored within 25 seconds I was running round like it was me that scored and for the whole game the hairs on my arms were stood up it was amazing obviously until we lost

The last time we won a trophy I was still wet behind the ears and would rather play then watch football. I remember the final against Chelsea though and when saha scored within 25 seconds I was running round like it was me that scored and for the whole game the hairs on my arms were stood up it was amazing obviously until we lost
I was the very same but I was 62 then and at Wembley but what a feeling..

Exactly this. Such an overreaction. Their biggest issue is at the back. Dias signing and Laporte healthy fixes that. They don’t seem to have replaced David Silva but they’ll be just fine once their strikers are fit and they stop having to play the likes of Stones and Garcia at the back.
You could field a side from City that didnt play against Leicester and it would be frightening. Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan, Ferran, Aguero, Gabriel Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back