Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Googled him and found a GOT article from 9 years ago :)

By Tubey
Everton News
9 years ago
Everton Land Wonderkid Alif Solpro
GrandOldTeam can confirm that Everton have secured the signing of Real Madrid and Barcelona target Alif Solpro from Galatasaray.
The 21-year-old Tunisian striker is hot property across Europe after a series of incredible performances for the Turkish giants Galatasaray, and his contract expired in January. He has chosen to join Everton to test his skills in “the greatest league in the world”, spurning advances from Spain, Germany, Italy and France.
Nicknamed “The Gazelle” for his lightning pace, Solpro averages three goals every two games over his

Heavens, does it mean U23s first are perhaps straight to top squad?

To be honest, I thought he could have been the midfield equivalent of Wayne Rooney, there where whispers all through his academy career of how good he was.

You were right to point out what a good career Ross has had. 30 odd games and 6 goals for England (which is more goals than Dele Alli has got for context) and he's picked up medals, so he may well say to people like me- look at what I've won. I just think he could have won more and scored more, and done more.

ITK off another forum saying close to bringing in Alif Solpro

Don't go on there much but the other lads seem to think he's reliable

I googled him, and this was the first result. Bit confused now...

If Ancelotti doesn't trust him to start against Fleetwood then long term thats a big worry.

We have to play DCL tonight as we havent a striker who can come in and rotate

We dont have another wide player good enough to rest Richarlison etc.

Got to pad the squad out with quality otherwise it'll be another false dawn as we aint roided up like the RS and fail to ever pick up an injury or two.

I really don’t want him but a zaha player ( one that can play across the front 3) is what we need really

You were right to point out what a good career Ross has had. 30 odd games and 6 goals for England (which is more goals than Dele Alli has got for context) and he's picked up medals, so he may well say to people like me- look at what I've won. I just think he could have won more and scored more, and done more.

Let's not blue wash history. He's a great player, he was very good for us, he was very good for Chelsea at times. Why he hasn't kicked on is on him, and after the way his move away panned out it should be no concern of ours. He'd fit really well into our current line up/style, but that bridge was burned three years ago,

I get why Barcelona might loan out Todibo but the chat about us wanting Godfrey on loan seems mad. Why would they loan a highly rated young first teamer and automatically weaken the team whilst simultaneously not bringing in cash to replace him?!

It was always a really stupid move for Barkley. Some moves make sense,though painful. Rooney for example, it was a great move for him. Ross should have stayed here and grown with the team, essentially having it built around him.
Same for Stones too in my opinion.
We had the spine of a good team potentially with those 2 and Lukaku. Sadly all wanted to move on.
I guess all 3 will say they went on to win trophies, which justifies their moves, but only Lukaku seems to have fulfilled his potential.
The other guys seem to have peaked and although I still think Stones could do a cover job for us (we still need a CB!) both seem to now be on a slippery slope.
I can't see either playing for clubs so successful and imagine that both will slowly slip down in standards of club.
Who knows, they both might not even be playing Premier League football by the time they are 30 and certainly won't be turning out for England by then.
Feels like a waste of 2 exciting looking careers.

Let's not blue wash history. He's a great player, he was very good for us, he was very good for Chelsea at times. Why he hasn't kicked on is on him, and after the way his move away panned out it should be no concern of ours. He'd fit really well into our current line up/style, but that bridge was burned three years ago,
"Great" is being VERY generous. He has flashes of greatness but he's thick as a brick. "All the tools, no toolbox".

Not to mention he erased all mention to Everton over some perceived offense, you know, the club that stood behind him when he got a double leg break and bought his family a home so they could help him recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back