Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I just don't really see another forward as a 'back up' in that way. It's about options, both for certain games and within games. We're not going to blow everyone away with the same team every week, there'll be games where it isn't working and a fresh pair of legs coming on for 20/30 minutes makes all the difference. In hindsight it's pretty clear Richarlison wasn't fit to start last week, but we didn't really have another option so we played him anyway. Another day that costs us, either because he makes the injury worse and misses ages, or because the early sub messes things up in that game. Kean wasn't good enough to make an impact but he played a part in 33 games last season, who knows what might have happened if DCL and Richarlison had had to play all those minutes themselves. As I said, you might get away with it, but I'd rather we didn't take the chance personally.

I wondered the other day about Alexander Pato. He's just turned 31, so not exactly old, especially on a short term deal, and doesn't have a club. He's worked with Ancelotti before, and Ancelotti loves him. He didn't have a great time at Chelsea, but as we know, that doesn't necessarily always tell the whole story. Interestingly though, while he was there, he was apparently on a remarkably low wage for someone of his reputation, so probably wouldn't break the bank, and would offer something different as back up. Can also play wide right too.

My thought is Kean unless his attitude changes we may have laid him to rest and need to move on. I do hope he does well but he looks very rough around the edges when coming on for us and void of ideas. Also, his father had a strange comment the game was just to complicated for him in the Premier League. What do you make of that?

I think it's a nothing comment from his father that is only being said as his son doesn't want to play here so he has to come up with some kind of excuse for why he doesn't without offending the club and supporters.

58EB9C39-667D-4C31-9D5A-614F129A2B15.webp

Lads we got these beauties in for the same price the Skip Rats paid for Harry Jota

Can see us going for Mo Ihattaran, either in January or in the summer. Brands already admitted he's a huge fan of him. Having a difficult spell at PSV at the moment, and them signing Götze won't make it easier for him. Looks like they're going for the quick fix, which in all honesty is perfectly understandable, as they really need to break up the current Ajax strong hold on the league. Huge talent who could benefit from working under Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back