Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, can people do research before asking this? Loan contracts don’t just end when the league season ends, it runs until the last day before the transfer window opens
So, what were the circumstances in which Simms returned from Sunderland while on loan?

Bainsey must have 90 minutes left him. Leighton, even at half speed, has got to be better than any alternative on the bench. It would also free up MacNeil to play as a forward ( wouldn’t that be nice).
Another plus…he could take any penalty shots…just like old times.

I’m just kidding, but it does show just how depleted our squad is.

el @chicoazul will be along with a round-up later 🙏
Todays news:
- Everton are terribly tan and have an uncertain future
- Everton fans of GOT with try to catastrophise every single scenario and hate on those they consider responsible using marginally different terminology than the 1000 days before they’ve done this just to like farm their fellow clique.

More as we get it.

A generation of fans who have never seen us win a trophy can possibly see something my generation have never seen and that is us relegated this weekend.

HISTORY.
Witnessing Everton 1sts, what a time to be alive.

*I know it's not, but the first time since forever ago

I think that it's going to be slow for 15 or so minutes as both teams look happy with the draw after news that Leeds and Leicester are losing. Then we lurch into action and surprise Bournemouth when we wake up and take the lead.

The situation remains the same until Leicester equalise but we get a late second and the season fizzles out to silent protest against the board.

Was looking at the highlights of the reverse fixture. Their first goal was a big mistake from pickford, and for their second the game should have been stopped because of tark head injury. So perhaps a little bit unlucky in that game...we created chances, and yes the first chance was for maupay but with a poor effort. Dcl was also out for that game and doucs was on the bench, probably when he started to fizzle out of the team. Hopefully tavernier is out for them because he is a top player that could cause us problems. Ouattara has been a great signing fir them and we will need to keep him quiet.

The last two times we went to the last day to stay up v Wimbledon and Coventry, we went into the game in the bottom 3 and needed other results to go our way, which they did. This time we are out of the drop zone, we can win and it will not matter what other results happen, we can even stay up if we lose, our fate is in our own hands, which is what worries me the most.

Witnessing Everton 1sts, what a time to be alive.

*I know it's not, but the first time since forever ago
It’d be our first relegation from the PL and the first of the “Big Five” founders of it to be relegated. Bill will be excitedly dreaming up DVD covers as we speak: “TUNE IN, TURN ON, DROP OUT!” “BLUE MURDER!” “FALLING DOWN!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back