Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've honestly never heard of half of their players and they made us look like a Sunday league team. That left back looked like the reincarnation of Roberto Carlos out there today, typical.

At 1-0, we were well in control. it was comfortable. Absolutely comfortable.

The pen I agree with, could have been given or not. Then braindead defending from Brnathwaite. Braindead.

At 1-0 we were absolutely in control of the game. They only created that chance because Branthwaite decided it was a good idea to stand four yards ahead of toney, in their half, so that Toney would be miles onside and he'd have ground he couldn't make up. As soon as we go down to 10 men, with now FOUR centrebacks unavailable (Keane, Mina, Godfrey and then Branthwaite). It wa salways going to be parking the bus with what we have got.

Could have brought kenny on for gomes maybe? Have Iwobi in centre mid. I'm not sure how much changes as Iwobi worked his arse off again.

We got the tactics spot on from the start. You cannot legislate for poor officiating and braindead moments. We were so comfortable. I nevert think we are comfortable (evidenced today why). At 1-0, we looked confident, moving the ball well, ready to go get another.

If the ref does his job, it goes to 10v10 and we score the pen, 2-1 up and i think we win the game.
I disagree. I also don't think it was a second yellow after watching it again on tv. It was a pen but not a yellow card offence. Just because a pen is given doesn't mean an opponent gets a yellow. Think that is a case of us simply wanting the game to be evened up.

However, I do want to pick up on your comment about not legislating for poor officiating or brain dead moments.

Good teams do allow for brain dead moments or mistakes. They ensure that they have a team ethos where everyone plays for everyone else. That hasn't happened enough for us this season except over the last three or four games. Poor officiating happens and there is far too much playing the victim by our fans today. We lost because we have an inept manager who failed to do the necessary things to ensure we stayed 2-1 ahead. Remember, it was a penalty that got us back in the lead and then because of the inept ones failure to shut up shop, the inevitable happened. So, for me, the loss is firmly on Lampard's shoulders rather than the officials or mistakes from players.

Dare I say we badly missed Delph today we had no protection for that defence? Also Lamps really screwed up his selection and subs for me.
Your right, but as he’s injured I’d have played Allan he’s the nearest we have to Delph, it was no coincidence when Delph and Mina were playing we are pretty good.

I've honestly never heard of half of their players and they made us look like a Sunday league team. That left back looked like the reincarnation of Roberto Carlos out there today, typical.

Good player is Henry to be fair. Such a massive outlet down the left side for them.

We were all over them before the red though? Most possession based teams will destroy a ten man team in the premier league if they have 70 minutes, is what it is.

At least this time next week, we’ll know

I’d have had Gomes off for Allan at half time.

But what it all came down to (regardless of sending offs) was our decision making in the final 3rd, we’re so wasteful when we do eventually get chances.

I’m numb right now,

Dare I say we badly missed Delph today we had no protection for that defence? Also Lamps really screwed up his selection and subs for me.
Selection was fine. We were cruising for the first 18 mins. His subs were poor, though, can't understand keeping Gomes on when we were down to 10 and Gordon needed hooking much earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.