Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope ‘ you ‘ get the decisions today. An Evertonian would defo say that like….

Insulting Evertonians on the day of the Derby game because we were talking about Gordon pen decision. Of course, Inchy here thought it wasn’t a pen, so lashed this response to someone.

More insults to Evertonians

His response to someone because he questioned corruption in this league…

Seems @Inchy226 here has a lot to answer for. Made an account days before the derby when we were in the bottom 3. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence though. I’m sure that first quoted post above was just a slip of the mind, I’m sure he meant ‘ hope we ‘ get the decisions today.

As blatant a kopite sneaking around here as they come.

i blocked him was deffo odd

We played terribly with 10 men. If you don't bother to engage the opposition until they get to the penalty area you're waiting for the inevitable.

Should've pushed up on them and made them play through us. If they get a goal that way then fair enough. As it was, we just sat back and let them score. I understand doing what we did against City and Liverpool but it was Brentford.
Playing a high press with 10 men is how you get totally over run. They will always have a free man in this situation

Anyone trying to pin this on individual players or Frank can go to bed. This result was directly influenced by the officials, plain and simple. And I’m going to keep saying it til I’m blue in the face. Nothing can change my mind. And it’ll all be glossed over, again, to extricate as much drama as possible in the run-in for relegation.

I hope more than anything to secure survival on Thursday for our own well-being but almost more to stick two giant fingers up at the powers-that-be for a series of ‘inept’ officiating of our games this season. We have not been playing on a ‘level playing field’ virtually all season.

Hope ‘ you ‘ get the decisions today. An Evertonian would defo say that like….

Insulting Evertonians on the day of the Derby game because we were talking about Gordon pen decision. Of course, Inchy here thought it wasn’t a pen, so lashed this response to someone.

More insults to Evertonians

His response to someone because he questioned corruption in this league…

Seems @Inchy226 here has a lot to answer for. Made an account days before the derby when we were in the bottom 3. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence though. I’m sure that first quoted post above was just a slip of the mind, I’m sure he meant ‘ hope we ‘ get the decisions today.

As blatant a kopite sneaking around here as they come.
Outstanding vaulting that

Not much point getting annoyed. We are not a good team. Of course we don’t know what Lampard says to these players at half time. But whatever it is , it’s not working out that well. How many matches have we lost now in the second half? Think that Lampard has to shoulder the blame for this defeat.
And yes this bunch of players are mainly all useless. But why does it take Lampard so long to make changes. I don’t get that.
So we go again in a few days time. Can we beat Palace? Who knows.
Will Lampard have a few more surprises up his sleeve. Maybe stick Gomes in midfield again. Or Iwobi at RB ( which imo doesn’t work ).
Ah well…….I give up. Just can’t get what this team is about. Just hope that we can beat C.Palace. But I think that for this match we need old heads.
I’d play Delph ( if fit ). And Allen. Gordon has been useless recently. So let’s play the less useless of the two…..Gray. And I suppose we have no option but to play Coleman. And let’s hope that Keane is fit.
It’s all just a wing and a prayer now. Let’s hope that this bunch have enough to get a result. And let’s hope that Lampard also has enough about him to keep this bunch up. Aarrgghhh. What a team.

Playing a high press with 10 men is how you get totally over run. They will always have a free man in this situation

But that is the worst I've ever seen a side play with 10 men. We just stopped competing. They were clocking up 90% possession stats all 2nd half which should not have been the case. Probably a reflection of how poor we are as much as the tactics though tbf.

Think 10 men had a lot to do with it
He also started that 19 year old who has barely seen any minutes in maybe the most crucial game in the clubs history of recent memory.

Listen I am not going to call for Frank's job as priorities of problems take precedence and the current situation is also informed by his predecessor (also in the boards ability to hire someone better?) That said the tactical know how as been in question since he took the job and continues to be a concern. The club had a 9% chance of going down when he took the job. The form didn't improve from that projection. To this point there is nothing to suggests he has extracted nothing beyond expectations (if anything its possibly below that).

Grading on a curve he has aspects and is possibly an improvement to some of our most recent managers. He also by almost all evidence is a worse coach then the one he lost too today for a club with maybe a quarter of the resources. A fact that might apply to half the division if not more. If his notoriety helps in recruitment maybe those qualms become mood point. It still might make him the best we can do at the moment. But since he took the job he has not by measure improved the situation. What that means moving forward is at least fair to speculate on.

As regards the Penalty incident, if Everton get giving a penalty against us... I'm bloody raging. Can't get penalty's for that, I know we are desperate but never ever ever a pen in my eyes.

Brainthwaite just got caught wrong side. As for Thomas Frank's tactical changes, bloody brilliant management.

Easy to maek changes against 10men though mate.

Defender off for an attacker. That's football manager stuff.

His job was made a tonne easier by the official. Hence why he took off Bech knowing the ref would find out at half-time he'sf ucked up and look for a reasont o send him off.

He also started that 19 year old who has barely seen any minutes in maybe the most crucial game in the clubs history of recent memory.

Listen I am not going to call for Frank's job as priorities of problems take precedence and the current situation is also informed by his predecessor (also in the boards ability to hire someone better?) That said the tactical know how as been in question since he took the job and continues to be a concern. The club had a 9% chance of going down when he took the job. The form didn't improve from that projection. To this point there is nothing to suggests he has extracted nothing beyond expectations (if anything its possibly below that).

Grading on a curve he has aspects and is possibly an improvement to some of our most recent managers. He also by almost all evidence is a worse coach then the one he lost too today for a club with maybe a quarter of the resources. A fact that might apply to half the division if not more. If his notoriety helps in recruitment maybe those qualms become mood point. It still might make him the best we can do at the moment. But since he took the job he has not by measure improved the situation. What that means moving forward is at least fair to speculate on.

Who starts instead?

Mina - injured, Godfrey - injured, Keane - ill.

Welch who's probably what, 18 years old with NO experience of senior football?

Status
Not open for further replies.