Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also started that 19 year old who has barely seen any minutes in maybe the most crucial game in the clubs history of recent memory.

Listen I am not going to call for Frank's job as priorities of problems take precedence and the current situation is also informed by his predecessor (also in the boards ability to hire someone better?) That said the tactical know how as been in question since he took the job and continues to be a concern. The club had a 9% chance of going down when he took the job. The form didn't improve from that projection. To this point there is nothing to suggests he has extracted nothing beyond expectations (if anything its possibly below that).

Grading on a curve he has aspects and is possibly an improvement to some of our most recent managers. He also by almost all evidence is a worse coach then the one he lost too today for a club with maybe a quarter of the resources. A fact that might apply to half the division if not more. If his notoriety helps in recruitment maybe those qualms become mood point. It still might make him the best we can do at the moment. But since he took the job he has not by measure improved the situation. What that means moving forward is at least fair to speculate on.
Who else could he have played with Keane, Godfrey and Mina out

It’s still in our hands. 10 men after that early, how can you really blame that. We have a big game in the week. We have 11 players today we win that game!
Mate you could cut and paste that almost every week for the last few months. Problem is our squad have collective butter fingers.
Not even having it that it’s the refs fault today, not that he helped matters, but Jarrod shouldn’t have put himself in that position, and neither should Rondon.

EASY to point t he finger at the manager but ask yourself what could have been done to avoid that? People say he should of shut up shop, we did...
We had coleman and Iwobi playing CB and RB. Only change is to take Kenny onto Rb and move Iwobi up.
What else could he have done?

if someone can put a rational, thoughout argument as to what else he could have done with four senior's CBs now unavailable due to injury, illness and a red card, and a right back out injured please do, I'll happy say fair enough.

Kenny has been abused by many on here all season, he isn't good enough. SO he comes on earlier, what differnece does that make?

But that is the worst I've ever seen a side play with 10 men. We just stopped competing. They were clocking up 90% possession stats all 2nd half which should not have been the case. Probably a reflection of how poor we are as much as the tactics though tbf.
70mins with 10 men is different to seeing a game out for the last 15 mins.

That is absolutely what I said after the incident. I watched it again and looked at the challenge itself, it was owrthy of a yellow. Foot higher than neccesserily, cynical. Cynical challenges are a yellow in itself. At first I didnt realise he was on a yellow, and could understand it not being a red. Defender was covering, wasn't likely Richy gets to the ball. It should have been a yellow.

Please tell me what you wouldhave done to 'shut up' shop more than we did? We parked the bus, we kept players back, we did not adventure forward blindfully.

Onlyt hing I would think is to bring Kenny on (lol) and have a more natural right back. I dont know what else he can do? Kenny comes on for DCL and we set up the same way we did, we parked the bus. I do nott know how on earth we could have shut up shop anymore than we did. We have four CB's unavailable at this point. We've conceded two headers, one from the first point that should never happen and one from a cross that comes in (when you park the bus, these crosses come in). I dont know who he beat to the header admittingly, but I cant see any other sub changing that.

I think its a big ask for Welch to come on and dominate like effectively Mina does (Mina not being a sicknote would have been ideal for this game)...
Parked the bus.... you are kidding.

Just because we let them come onto us doesn't mean we parked the bus.

We played most of the second half with three defenders who were too far apart. This was because we had no-one who could close the flanks so we left huge gaps as our central defenders were concerned about the space out wide. Then we allowed the midfield to be disconnected from the defence. Most teams that shut up shop have at least one central midfielder play just in front of the centre backs. They then close the space and that starts with the forwards tracking back and helping out.

We don't have a clue though and this is a huge sign that Lampard is out of his depth. A lot of teams train for going down to 10 men. A lot of teams train in knowing how to deny space. A lot of teams know how to close down opponents in the right areas so they can't cause danger. Us, we don't have the first idea and that's why Lampard doesn't change things because he doesn't think he can.

Then we come to marking. Coleman was unlucky for their first but the corner for the second was poor as Richy still allowed their guy to get a header on it without a challenge. Then we have some really poor defending from Gordon allowing the third to go unchallenged just moments after we have conceded the second.

So, no we didn't park the bus unless you think this is how you do it.

Mate you could cut and paste that almost every week for the last few months. Problem is our squad have collective butter fingers.
Not even having it that it’s the refs fault today, not that he helped matters, but Jarrod shouldn’t have put himself in that position, and neither should Rondon.
Wasn't in our hands at one point though. Maybe on paper, but wins v utd/leicester/chelsea, where honestly most of us say we get a point at most have put us in the position.

Im going dangerously from jumping off a cliff to being optimistic here. Which is not good for mental health.

Parked the bus.... you are kidding.

Just because we let them come onto us doesn't mean we parked the bus.

We played most of the second half with three defenders who were too far apart. This was because we had no-one who could close the flanks so we left huge gaps as our central defenders were concerned about the space out wide. Then we allowed the midfield to be disconnected from the defence. Most teams that shut up shop have at least one central midfielder play just in front of the centre backs. They then close the space and that starts with the forwards tracking back and helping out.

We don't have a clue though and this is a huge sign that Lampard is out of his depth. A lot of teams train for going down to 10 men. A lot of teams train in knowing how to deny space. A lot of teams know how to close down opponents in the right areas so they can't cause danger. Us, we don't have the first idea and that's why Lampard doesn't change things because he doesn't think he can.

Then we come to marking. Coleman was unlucky for their first but the corner for the second was poor as Richy still allowed their guy to get a header on it without a challenge. Then we have some really poor defending from Gordon allowing the third to go unchallenged just moments after we have conceded the second.

So, no we didn't park the bus unless you think this is how you do it.

We sat abck and had everybody without the ball.
Please, tell me how you park the bus more, with limited players available to select?

Please.

It has also been pointed out that you are very much a WUM and giving fingers out those who disagree. So enjoy your Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.