Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've honestly never heard of half of their players and they made us look like a Sunday league team. That left back looked like the reincarnation of Roberto Carlos out there today, typical.
That's simply a case of you must not follow much football outside of Everton. That's not a dig either. They have some good players and Rico Henry was linked with alot of prem teams before they got promoted.

Never ceases to amaze me the number of players who cannot cross a ball. Mykolenko in the last minute tried to put one in the box and over hit it by about 20 yards. Similarly with corners failing to clear the first man. What do these guys do in training?

We played terribly with 10 men. If you don't bother to engage the opposition until they get to the penalty area you're waiting for the inevitable.

Should've pushed up on them and made them play through us. If they get a goal that way then fair enough. As it was, we just sat back and let them score. I understand doing what we did against City and Liverpool but it was Brentford.

I disagree. I also don't think it was a second yellow after watching it again on tv. It was a pen but not a yellow card offence. Just because a pen is given doesn't mean an opponent gets a yellow. Think that is a case of us simply wanting the game to be evened up.

However, I do want to pick up on your comment about not legislating for poor officiating or brain dead moments.

Good teams do allow for brain dead moments or mistakes. They ensure that they have a team ethos where everyone plays for everyone else. That hasn't happened enough for us this season except over the last three or four games. Poor officiating happens and there is far too much playing the victim by our fans today. We lost because we have an inept manager who failed to do the necessary things to ensure we stayed 2-1 ahead. Remember, it was a penalty that got us back in the lead and then because of the inept ones failure to shut up shop, the inevitable happened. So, for me, the loss is firmly on Lampard's shoulders rather than the officials or mistakes from players.

That is absolutely what I said after the incident. I watched it again and looked at the challenge itself, it was owrthy of a yellow. Foot higher than neccesserily, cynical. Cynical challenges are a yellow in itself. At first I didnt realise he was on a yellow, and could understand it not being a red. Defender was covering, wasn't likely Richy gets to the ball. It should have been a yellow.

Please tell me what you wouldhave done to 'shut up' shop more than we did? We parked the bus, we kept players back, we did not adventure forward blindfully.

Onlyt hing I would think is to bring Kenny on (lol) and have a more natural right back. I dont know what else he can do? Kenny comes on for DCL and we set up the same way we did, we parked the bus. I do nott know how on earth we could have shut up shop anymore than we did. We have four CB's unavailable at this point. We've conceded two headers, one from the first point that should never happen and one from a cross that comes in (when you park the bus, these crosses come in). I dont know who he beat to the header admittingly, but I cant see any other sub changing that.

I think its a big ask for Welch to come on and dominate like effectively Mina does (Mina not being a sicknote would have been ideal for this game)...

While I appreciate the accountability on your part, i always want accountability from everyone, I can't point hte finger at Lampard here. Putting the officiating aside, Branthwaite has a lot to answer for, not only for hte foul but for the positioning before hand. It was an error that schoolboys make. Had we had any of Godfrey, Kaene, or Mina, none of them regardlessof ability stand where Branthwaite stood.

That's simply a case of you must not follow much football outside of Everton. That's not a dig either. They have some good players and Rico Henry was linked with alot of prem teams before they got promoted.
You're right mate, very little nowadays compared to a few years ago. I certainly have no idea about players outside of ye Premier League, but it's quite possible I'll quickly be able to change that next season, unfortunately.

Add in the "handball" at Man City and you'd be right in believing VAR is against you. Hope you
get the decisions today.

Hope ‘ you ‘ get the decisions today. An Evertonian would defo say that like….

Carry on with the insults you ignorant cu.nt.

Insulting Evertonians on the day of the Derby game because we were talking about Gordon pen decision. Of course, Inchy here thought it wasn’t a pen, so lashed this response to someone.

PS. Why do you keep calling me "mate" on an interweb forum? I'm not your mate in anyway, shape or form.
If you're lonely, you can call the Samaritans.

More insults to Evertonians

What time's your Mom coming up to tuck you in?
Have fun at school tomorrow.

His response to someone because he questioned corruption in this league…

Seems @Inchy226 here has a lot to answer for. Made an account days before the derby when we were in the bottom 3. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence though. I’m sure that first quoted post above was just a slip of the mind, I’m sure he meant ‘ hope we ‘ get the decisions today.

As blatant a kopite sneaking around here as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.