Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much every post I make I get one or two. All started because the idiots on here saw I joined the week before the Derby and I wasn't happy with Gordan's diving and said so. They had me marked down from that point and so it has continued.

Clueless

You were marked well before the Gordon incident, just you weren’t aware. You logging in right after the derby taking the piss out of Evertonians talking that incident was the confirmation. You were found out within your first few posts.

‘ hope you get the decisions today ‘ was the obvious one. Insulting Evertonians on derby day, middle fingering Evertonians left and right, not one post of yours supports the fact you’re a blue, always seem to pop up on the forum when a questionable decision and display is against Everton.

The only time I’ve seen you agreeing with blues on here was the discussion about the Rodri handball, but that’s because it also had a say in your own clubs title push and City gained two extra points from that error.

You’ve been here 3 weeks.

Some truth in this.

No defensive stalwarts - farcical that Coleman is still the nearest thing to that after all these years and THAT injury. Gomez miles off the pace in closing down the first goal (he'd also played a crazy backpass moments before). Forwards marking AWOL for 2nd and 3rd goals
And Lampard's still learning... He needs to be all over those wing-backs when defending, they're not doing what's natural to them

• Delph - crocked - needed him today, just about past it
  • Allan - same (and possibly past it)
  • Keane - needed him today, has improved under Lampard but not a guy I feel can be relied on long term.
  • Mina same
  • Godfrey - young, learning.
  • Gomez - past it
  • Patterson - where?
  • Kenny - twitchy
Thursday looks like Coleman, Holgate, SOMEONE (Mina?) and Myko.

But the club's mgt revolving door, board and selling creative players has left us in a horrible position of not being able to close out games or easily go an win them.

So back to today... Gordon's been excellent recently and put shifts in tracking back too, but clearly shot after an hour today... dunno how Lamps didn't hook him and Gomez sooner - but for who?
Problem with Gordon is his lack of stamina. He goes full pelt from the off but looks, as you say, absolutely spent after 55-60 minutes. It is extremely obvious and always has been, so why no real contingency and planning.
Making him a 90 minute player will take him up another complete level. Work on his stamina ffs.

I've said a few positive things but frankly, there isn't much to be positive about. We'll avoid relegation this season I'm sure of that but I am very worried about next season given how we have gone about things the last five years. We have no coherent plan and we have a coach who is inept. Beating Chelsea was a huge result and we were lucky against Leicester. Sorry if I'm not all happy about the state of affairs right now.
Sorry but even during Chelsea match every single match thread post of yours was a negative and no praise I could see at the time that it was a huge result or any joy felt. So I was curious and went through 9 pages of your posts and genuinely couldn’t find a single one that was happy/positive/relieved which is probably why people have been a bit suspicious.

I agree there isn’t a huge list of things to be thrilled about at the moment but there are some things to be cheerful about on the pitch, Pickford’s form and mykolenko‘s goal for instance, and at the very least the fans seen far more supportive of the team and in fine voice.

Absolutely heartbreaking that

The atmosphere in the ground at least where I was sat was probably the best I've ever seen it, and that happens. Proper kick the balls

At 1-0 and with us creating chances and Goodison bouncing I genuinely felt confident for once that we would win and probably with by a couple of goals then the red card happened and it just killed us.

Dreading Thursday already

Problem with Gordon is his lack of stamina. He goes full pelt from the off but looks, as you say, absolutely spent after 55-60 minutes. It is extremely obvious and always has been, so why no real contingency and planning.
Making him a 90 minute player will take him up another complete level. Work on his stamina ffs.
To be honest my problem with Gordon is his final ball is awful. He needs to really work on that aspect of his game or he isn't hoing to make it at the top level, but he has got time.

I think it was a reaction to our away form minus Leicester combined with the belief in our home form. In hindsight, it was naive or at least on my behalf.

We still have Palace at home and we can home that Burnley slip up too.

I didn’t mean it as a dig at anyone just to be clear , opinions and all that. I was angry at the time because I strongly felt despite how poor we are that they were there for taking and worse . Winning that would of brought more distance to for others to catch us and relax a bit.

Now we are back to hoping again , the games are running out. If we go down it’s deserved.

All I’m hoping for is we stay up and the club gets a reboot, new people at the top , new winning culture .

To be honest my problem with Gordon is his final ball is awful. He needs to really work on that aspect of his game or he isn't hoing to make it at the top level, but he has got time.
He's comfortably my player of the season but that in itself speaks volumes on where we are as a team.

He's been an example to others when they've not been pulling their weight and has gave us a real impetus going forwards but he really is devoid of that killer instinct right now. That knack to be in the right place at the right time. Hope he builds on the ability he has because he does have bags of it IMO but he needs to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.