Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL looking for the Rico goal I thought was shit3y. Threw himself about a little bit but he's gone backwards this season.
He peaked for 6 months. Average player. Had some decent touches today but hes not it for me. I think we have forgotten what good players are and the level of a good player. Would not bother me 1 bit if we sold him in the summer

Before this kicked off we needed to win one of the final 3 games to guarantee survival, one chance gone two left no point dwelling on it really.
Three chances left. Two matches to get that one win. And failing all that . let’s hope that Brentford beat Leeds. Think my moneys on Brentford to beat Leeds before our lot can win a match. But who knows. We might yet again turn up. Turn up and put this awful season to bed.
Up the Toffees……..And on Sunday…….Up the Bees also..

I didn’t mean it as a dig at anyone just to be clear , opinions and all that. I was angry at the time because I strongly felt despite how poor we are that they were there for taking and worse . Winning that would of brought more distance to for others to catch us and relax a bit.

Now we are back to hoping again , the games are running out. If we go down it’s deserved.

All I’m hoping for is we stay up and the club gets a reboot, new people at the top , new winning culture .
Mate , those last two sentences of your post sum things up perfectly.

It wasn’t. It was as clear as day of a red you will see.
I saw it , he nudged him but the striker went down like he was shot. Whatever about a slide tackle last man, I would accept that without debate , but that looked a yellow card to me . But because it was last man, ref saw different. That kind of nudge happened anywhere else on the field it’s a yellow, strange that it’s opportunistic for the opposite side if it’s last defender

It was never a nailed on 3 points was it. Anyone other than Richie it would have been a penalty for having his shirt torn off (I believe the police are looking to charge him with indecent exposure in a public place). Obviously a red card for the Branthwaite foul, although I'm not sure he was aware that Toney was anywhere near him. I think we started the second half wrong by conceding too much space to Brentford, perhaps pushing them back would have been a better option. Waiting for them to score was just waiting for the inevitable.

Anyway I went for Myko as MoM, he just gets better every game. I'd like to see him taking more free kicks, and maybe try him on corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.