Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No , a manager needs to take another coaching course. He has seen us bottle it against all teams that flood the midfield. You don't have to be Pep to see that .
He's a joke and I blame him with all my heart .
2 in midfield every game and get absolutely destroyed in midfield every game... its like he's extracting the urine ... I'm actually really beginning to believe he's a secret agent

Any manager would need time and funds to change this around. Unless you believe that we should be doing significantly better with the players available?

Across numerous managers now, the entire defence of Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Godfrey, Kenny have all shown themselves to be unreliable and incapable of performing regularly for a top half EPL team.

Add Allan, Gomes to that list too. Even Doucoure and DCL were dreadful today.
Benitez is dreadful every day,
Get rid.
Now,
before he takes us into the Championship.

What did we learn from that.?

1. We are absolutely crap when we play 5 at the back
2. With the players we have at our disposal, we need to play with a midfield 3. not 2.
3. Rondon is an absolute waste of space and should be nowhere near the pitch
4. Gomes is pretty useful when played from the bench. but needs a little bit more than 5 minutes if you want him to impact the game
5. The side is completely unbalanced if you don't have a naturally left footed left back.
6. We have a manager that put's his ego ahead of the team.
7. We have a group of young players whose enthusiasm lifts the other players
8. Keane is an absolute liability when his confidence is low..

Erm. Am I missing something here. Didn't we already know all those things before the 'kin match kicked off.

Anyway, only one candidate for MOM. Anthony Gordon. Anyone who picks anybody else today is surely on a wind up. Well done lad, you didn't deserve to be on the losing side. I'd have also started with Branthwaite and brought on either Simms or Dobbin ahead of Rondon. Absolutely criminal that we went without Digne.

Decent team Brighton and it was never going to be an easy game. But we could have taken all points today with the right personnel and formation.

That too, but I’m convinced that Moshiri is as stubborn as Benitez. I’m still puzzled Moshiri appointed him as our manager given the strong feelings against him by a large number of the fan base. The inner war among supporters that he has unleashed has been sad to witness.
It's utterly bizarre that Moshiri (who hasn't exactly been shy to sack managers in the past) has chosen HIM as the hill he wants to die on

It's not even a matter of it being a desperate situation in regards to resources, it's the managerial tactics, lack of commitment and lack of action from a managerial perspective. For all the talk from pundits of him being a 'thinking manager', he seems happy to sit on woeful performances without change and when eventually moved to action often makes the wrong change (seemingly protecting a loss). Another manager might at least get the players moving like they had some heart in it.

Lallana should have scored in the 1st half, he was the spare man with no one picking him up. The Mac Allisters goal, spare man again? Thats is what happens when you play 2 v 3, not hard. I called it and I dont earn £8m a year! WHY is it so hard?
We’re pretty much the only team in the league playing with just two in the middle of the park - genuinely brain dead tactic ceding control of the middle of the pitch from the start - and he wonders why we end up behind in almost every single match. Like you am completely dumbfounded why he continues with the tactic when he’s got Gomes he can chuck in.

How a team packed with defenders managed to concede 3 goals is a mystery.

Gordon was MoM by a mile, made up he's got his first goals. But I do have to ask was the first one a goal by Gordon and an assist by Lollana, or a goal by Lollana and an assist by Gordon?

Doucoure had a stinker, JJK was awful, Alan was good, Gray had a good game, Coleman out of position and too slow to react, Keane was poor.

I had a terrible feeling that Brighton would score early, that they would score as soon as they got that corner, and unfortunately that DCL would miss the penalty. Well they say you can't win them all, but Everton can't win any just now.

Happy New Year :drunk:

2 in midfield every game and get absolutely destroyed in midfield every game... its like he's extracting the urine ... I'm actually really beginning to believe he's a secret agent

100% he is, Agent Benitez, some of us seen it months ago. Has this guy got to relegate us for you and others to see....

Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.