Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton don’t have any creativity so the possession in front of our defence goes nowhere and I don’t think that we’re particularly worried.

However, they’ve started to throw in those long diagonals to get their wingers in a foot race against Young or Mykolenko and suddenly I’m worried about Mitoma against Young
They have João Pedro and Ansu Fati to come on. They will certainly bring creativity.

At the same time they'll leave space for Beto.

Onana out - knew it was stupid to go so strong against Burnley's reserve side, ffs. Dumb manager.

Absolutely staggered that he's starting 38 year year old Young just 48 hours after he played 95 minutes.

No punishment by the manager for 6 yellows and 1 red inside of 9 games? Ridiculous.

Still, think we will win and all will turn out well.
Dumb to try and get into the 1/4 final of a cup? Good call i say. Knock in minor from what im hearing and maybe doesn't want to risk him. Boys are doing OK without him so far.

Who cares about possession when we have had twice as many shots as them and 3 times as many on target. The strategy to win the game is currently working.

stats1.webp

Who cares about possession when we have had twice as many shots as them and 3 times as many on target. The strategy to win the game is currently working.

View attachment 233975
Exactly. What good is possession if you're not in the final third? Would like to see us passing slicker but apart from father that cannot complain.

Harrison and Garner need to get into the game though, both been poor imo.

At least we can bring on fresh legs in Danjuma and Beto at some stage this half.

Reactions: Lob

Doucoure giving Juao Pedro hugs and kisses there, FFS!

Mate, you should be staring him down and putting the fear of god into him, FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back