Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have enjoyed this game so much more if we had made more of our counters.

Its how we won 5-1 at theirs. Listening on radio sounded like we could have done so much more, in similar fashion, but bad decision making/poor movement on the breakaway cost us dearly in the end.
There were chances to create chances on the break but we made lots of poor decisions in possession. There were opportunities to go get the second goal that would have won the match

We played to our strengths and almost took 3 points again at home. Dyche has a plan and the players get it and execute it well. My only complaint really is that he waited so long to make subs. I am sure the style of play will change as we improve the squad with more creative players, but that will take time. Happy with a point. Onwards and upwards!

If we added a right back or Patterson and had another central midfield option on the bench, we see that game out.

It feels like more points dropped like Sheff United but honestly Brighton are a very good benchmark to how far we have come under Dyche.

We SHOULD have more points but we are going in the right direction.

Bring on Palace

Successfully defending a 1-0 lead results in a 1-0 win.

Would you have been happy if the game had finished 1-0?
Of course, but it didn't end that way did it.
And my opinion is that you're never likely to defend a 1-0 lead for 80+ minutes if you cede 80% possession.

I'm not saying the plan was 100% wrong, but I do think not trying to get forward at all the second half just invites too much pressure for too long a period.
If we had gone 1-0 up in say the 75th minute, I can get on board with bunkering and trying to see the match out, but it's in my opinion that's the wrong plan for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.