Everton v Charlton - Sunday 15th April - KO 3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every emotion under the sun in those last 10 minutes.

bet monty had a [Poor language removed] heart attack, I hope Latch wasn't too loud Halo...

excellent value-for-money home game once again. Famous win over Arsenal, thrashing of Fulham, and now a brilliant & equally horrible nail-baiting encounter with Charlton. It was fascininating and painful at times, my MOM Arteta was great, Lescott was fabulous and Carsley continues his fantastic season. McFadden's goal was truly top notch, a wonderful feign-chip over their defender's head, then a stormer into the bottom corner. Beattie was woeful. 5th choice!
COYBB. Any 3 pointer will do. First minute, last minute...still a win!

johnno.....first
cahill.......second
vaughan/vic....joint third
vaughan/vic....joint third
mcfadden.....fifth
osman..........sixth
stubbs .........seventh
beattie..........last, and least. sorry kid, you have had it, and ive had enough of you at that.

Well, nice to be here from the other place, hiya mates, and what a [Poor language removed] quality result. For once I will not insult faddy, BT needs new feet though. started well, faded fast. (y)

Take care Monty and all the best.

Today, another great result, lifts us to 5th on GD. Way to go. We are getting there, just some good signings in summer and boy oh boy. Team working well for themselves and each other.

Keep it up lads but don't leave it until ET next time.(y)

Notice yesterday Allardyce having another moan about the referee, does he not think that perhaps it is nothing to do with the ref but him and his team!! Give it a rest Sam and stop moaning.

Last edited:
_42804031_footy11.jpg

No messing Fadders :biggrin:

Match stats:

Everton Charlton
Shots (on Goal) 18(11) 7(4)
Fouls 7 15
Corner Kicks 7 4
Offsides 5 6
Time of Possession 60% 40%
Yellow Cards 0 3
Red Cards 0 0

What and absoutely stunning goal by Faddy. Flicks it around Bougherra (wishin you signed with us now eh?) and then nails it before it hits the ground as he goes around him. I don't think I could ever get tired of watching that goal.

I was really hoping to see VDM get some time today as this was the type of game that he could have made a difference in (I would have brought him on for Ossie around the 55-60th minute) but Moyes thought otherwise.

Well done to Wigan for holding off Spurs, Arsenal for beating Bolton, and WELL DONE to Everton for doing what they had to do to get the points.

(Now be honest. Did anyone else just feel a bit for Charlton after Faddy's goal? I'll admit that I did. They just can't catch a break. I'd rather they stay up that Sheffield United)

in regards to faddy, he does score the amazing goals... its the easy chances he needs to bury to become a first team regular.

What and absoutely stunning goal by Faddy. Flicks it around Bougherra (wishin you signed with us now eh?) and then nails it before it hits the ground as he goes around him. I don't think I could ever get tired of watching that goal.

I was really hoping to see VDM get some time today as this was the type of game that he could have made a difference in (I would have brought him on for Ossie around the 55-60th minute) but Moyes thought otherwise.

Well done to Wigan for holding off Spurs, Arsenal for beating Bolton, and WELL DONE to Everton for doing what they had to do to get the points.

(Now be honest. Did anyone else just feel a bit for Charlton after Faddy's goal? I'll admit that I did. They just can't catch a break. I'd rather they stay up that Sheffield United)

No - any such possible feelings were well and truly buried under both my joy at our winner, and the food and drink and other stuff that got flung all over the room in celebration.

charlton are reaping the rewards of not giving curbishley a decent slice of wonga to play with which ultimatley meant he left

they are reaping the rewards of getting dowie in via dodgy means

they are reaping the rewards of allowing smarmy les read to oust dowie and take charge

they are reaping the rewards of not getting a decent manager in early enough, pardew can do the job, just not with the huge handicap he was landed with.

moderate support, in a city brimming with clubs, allowed their best asset to walk away (curbs) championship side, enjoy southampton next season addicks.

I have to admit, pardew's quote of "The score was not a fair reflection of the game and we deserved something from it" was managers code for "We played [Poor language removed], and I am looking forward to championship football"

you can either say we were lucky to get put second, or very unlucky not to have converted any of the 12 chances in the first half. It all balances out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back