Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been very well over the last few months, however I've felt a bit better recently. Today was the first game of the season right in the centre of Gwaladys Street, the atmosphere was terrific today for a 12:45 kick off. When the goals went in the fellas behind me went bonkers hugging everybody in sight, typical welcome back to Goodison really. I thought the defenders today were excellent, as was Barry and Naismith. I thought some players could of put more effort in, but it doesn't really matter we won the game comfortably. Hopefully it will be another good day when I'm back at Goodison in 3 weeks for the derby. Swansea and West Brom first though, which both by hard games, but if we play like today we'll have no problem.

Glad you're feeling better :) yeah some tough games coming up, 4 points from Spurs away and Chelsea home is a massive improvement from last year when we took 0 from those matches!

That's clearly not true.
yes it is. He can't really pass, has no pace and tends to rub himself into trouble.

or is today a kiss his arse day mate?

All I am saying is today he shone on a pitch that had Chelsea players on it, speaks volumes along side hazard, matic and the like. His finishing isn't in question either, but generally no he isn't very good hence the general opinion on the Norwich bid at the time.

today is his day and personally I was happy to praise him

Everything about this picture is so Everton.
image.webp

All I am saying is today he shone on a pitch that had Chelsea players on it, speaks volumes along side hazard, matic and the like. His finishing isn't in question either, but generally no he isn't very good hence the general opinion on the Norwich bid at the time.

today is his day and personally I was happy to praise him
So he does add something then?

(All appearances)

4 goals - 12/13
9 goals - 13/14
8 goals - 14/15
4 goals - 15/16 (to date)

So when you said:

listen I'm naismiths biggest critic and most weeks he gives us nothing on the pitch.

And I said:

That's clearly not true.

I was right because if given opportunities he is a very good finisher so he offers us at the very least a goal scoring threat.

He also offers an excellent outlet in the air.

He has a fantastic workrate.

Offers defensive cover.

What he isn't is a very technically capable player so should only play when this is less of an issue and his other attributes can be utilised effectively.

So in short when you say:

is today a kiss his arse day mate?

What you should really do is pipe down.

What a game! Watching Utd and the RS, I genuinely believe the only teams we have to fear are Arsenal and City. Famous last words and it is the start of the season but we have the quality to press for top 5. Weather the next couple of months the way we've started and things could be interesting come November. Watch us lose at home to Bournmouth.

Great call this. Shame you didn't guess the minutes he'd notch each of his goals. Still a brilliant prediction.
Oh, it's so good of you to pipe up after he's scored the goals. Let's see how well he does the next few times he plays, Captain Hindsight. I'll see you then! :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back