Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if anyone else spotted this but a few mins before the first goal Naisy had a quick word with Barkley. Then When Barkely got the ball next time and for the first 2 goals Naisy was a few yards behind him and sprinted past him for Barkely to play a neat ball both times knowing the space where he was going to run in to. Really clever play because the early runners like Lukaku and Kone had distracted the defenders.

Great result. Just not one I expected. I thought it would be a hard fought match with Chelsea netting the jammy goal in the end to win it.

Not this time.

Seething Jose Mourinho delivered a foul-mouthed rant at Roberto Martinez after Evertonbeat his struggling Chelsea team 3-1 at Goodison.

The controversial Portuguese was furious at not being able to face the media first after the final whistle, meaning his return to London was delayed while Everton’s triumphant manager spoke.

After facing the TV cameras Martinez was being interviewed by local sports journalists in a walkway underneath Goodison’s Main Stand when the blazing Chelsea boss strode past and berated him for making him wait.

“Roberto next time tell me go before you because we have to travel,” he said, interrupting the Catalan.

When a non-nonplussed Martinez replied: “We don’t control that Jose, I don’t control that”, the Chelsea boss said “F****** hell” before storming off and entering the Goodison media room, which Martinez had just departed and left free for him.

Refusing to be riled, a smiling Martinez told reporters: “When he beat us 6-3 he was such a nice man, I prefer him like that!”

Asked whether he would invite the Stamford Bridge boss in for a glass of wine before he left, Martinez joked: “Of course, I am sure he’s going to come round!”

Mourinho’s mood barely improved during the post-mortem of his side’s second consecutive defeat.

Seething Jose Mourinho delivered a foul-mouthed rant at Roberto Martinez after Evertonbeat his struggling Chelsea team 3-1 at Goodison.

The controversial Portuguese was furious at not being able to face the media first after the final whistle, meaning his return to London was delayed while Everton’s triumphant manager spoke.

After facing the TV cameras Martinez was being interviewed by local sports journalists in a walkway underneath Goodison’s Main Stand when the blazing Chelsea boss strode past and berated him for making him wait.

“Roberto next time tell me go before you because we have to travel,” he said, interrupting the Catalan.

When a non-nonplussed Martinez replied: “We don’t control that Jose, I don’t control that”, the Chelsea boss said “F****** hell” before storming off and entering the Goodison media room, which Martinez had just departed and left free for him.

Refusing to be riled, a smiling Martinez told reporters: “When he beat us 6-3 he was such a nice man, I prefer him like that!”

Asked whether he would invite the Stamford Bridge boss in for a glass of wine before he left, Martinez joked: “Of course, I am sure he’s going to come round!”

Mourinho’s mood barely improved during the post-mortem of his side’s second consecutive defeat.
What a bellend !!

Everyone can hear the sound bite here

Don't know if anyone else spotted this but a few mins before the first goal Naisy had a quick word with Barkley. Then When Barkely got the ball next time and for the first 2 goals Naisy was a few yards behind him and sprinted past him for Barkely to play a neat ball both times knowing the space where he was going to run in to. Really clever play because the early runners like Lukaku and Kone had distracted the defenders.

A captain without an armband.

Just thought Id pop over to the Shed end and have a lil wind up.. and touch base post John Stones.. as a few were quick to give me stick..... jeez there is errr 0 people online :) ...We were a tad good yesterday. I love it when we all pull together fans, players wearing the royal blue...Up the toffs..

Hi all, first post on here...missed yesterday's game as was back home in South Wales. We played amazing!! Naismith was unstoppable and Kone played out of his skin in defence! Got his head to everything!!

hi laura, welcome to the site, why don't you introduce yourself in the new members forum?

what area of south wales are you from, i'm currently living in cardiff bay, but from pembrokeshire originally.

i think kone is possibly our best defender at set pieces, i've never seen a team get battered like yesterday and win so many corners. kone was the main reason they weren't a threat from them.

just watching 20 min highlights again and i totally forgot that their fans started cheering when besic got injured.

well that backfired didn't it?

I'm late for the party, but didn't have internet these past days
HEXTOdU.png

Seriously though, is it okay for Mirallas to pull such a face when we're leading Chelsea 2-0 haha ? Brilliant game nonetheless

I'm late for the party, but didn't have internet these past days
HEXTOdU.png

Seriously though, is it okay for Mirallas to pull such a face when we're leading Chelsea 2-0 haha ? Brilliant game nonetheless
Doubt he was like this the whole time to be honest, might've just been a momentary thing relating to something someone said.

He probably didn't have a bitch-fit because Naismith was scoring tbh

Doubt he was like this the whole time to be honest, might've just been a momentary thing relating to something someone said.

He probably didn't have a bitch-fit because Naismith was scoring tbh

I took that snap from the highlights video, right after Naismith's 2nd goal when everyone was cheering :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back