Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks as though Martinez has found himself some player in Galloway. He was tremendous.

I thought Barry was excellent as well. These are the games he should be saved for.

He should be played every game at the weekend, he just can't deal with playing in midweek too. One a week and he'll be fine.

He was absolutely nowhere near it and from 30 yards I think he could do better

His positioning has to be questioned for me even though it was a cracker
Yeah feels miserable saying it after a performance like that but Howard is either not expecting people shooting from range or getting his positioning totally wrong. Far too many long range efforts going in.
Great fun apart from that and Stones looked both majestic and happy.
Assume by now someone has suggested a banner for the Norwich game about money, class, not being from here, naismith etc

I didn't think we were amazing yesterday.

I suppose you could look at it from the point of view, I think we're capable of so much more and we still beat the champions comfortably 3-1 which is a big positive, but overall I think it was just a good performance, not a great one, plenty of aspects of it could have bee improved.

Yip.

You cannot have a bright, shiny silver lining without a big grey cloud attached to it :Blink:

That would never do.

Not Naisùmith, not Naismith, not Naismith.
Please send in Mirallas of Delo.

Wow if we have 100 wingers and lets bring naismith on

Hey look, a hamstring injury! What a surprise!

And instead of bringing on width, let's being on Naismith and pay someone who should be central in a wide position!

Naismith a player dropped by Scotland!

3 wingers on the bench and Naismith comes on.

Naismith :rant:, Martinez turned into Moyes.

Can't believe that sub. Absolutely dumb founded by that decision

Naismith

Naismith

Naismith

Oh [Poor language removed] hell...

Honestly Im not a martinez hater or anything but like seriously whats he playing at playing naismith and galloway down the left against ivanovic and pedro. they'll rip us a new a%!hole soon.....

Why did we buy Lennon when we don't use wingers at all.
And Naisy on instead of the three wingers we have on the bench.
Just stupid

Hmmmm. Feels good to be wrong, eh lads?

Superb performance and really took the game to Chelsea from the off. Some excellent displays all around. The passing and drive forward were great to watch at times and i thought we did a fantastic job of balancing the counter attacking football and soaking up their possession. Tactically we were spot on yesterday and in truth, we could of scored 5 or 6.

Jagielka and Stones were simply immense together. Its of my opinion that we have the best centre back partnership in the league. They understand each others games and compliment each other. Stones has it all in his locker as a defender and is the best in the country for me. He takes the spotlight away from Jagielka slightly but without doubt, we have the best centre back partnership in the league. Superb together. The Champions of England came to Goodison and apart from a 1 in a 100 belter from Matic, Howard didn't have anything to do, such was how good our defending was.

Howard 7
Coleman 7
Jagielka 8
Stones 9
Galloway 7
McCarthy 7
Barry 8
Naismith 10
Barkley 7
Lukaku 8
Kone 6
Galloway 7 kone 6 !!! did you watch the game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back