Match Thread Everton v Chelsea. 12th Sep at 12.45.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 205 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Chelsea all day

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • I'm only there to see us hurt them

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • I support Chelsea like

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they lead the defensive line mate...

And not for me. It was a wonder strike. If anyone's to blame, it's Barks and McCarthy who sat off him. One of those that you take on the chin and say was just a good goal, imo.
Fair point Howard must sit there a lot and say those words as I've never seen a keeper beaten by long range efforts more than our timmy

Well, I can't really argue there, as I literally know next to nothing about Goalkeeping, so I have no idea if his positioning was suspect. It's not something I've heard anybody (on here and in the media) pull him up on though.
The media just accept it's an unstoppable shot and cream themselves over another 'worldy'

I would hope Howard watches it again and looks to improve his chances on long range efforts

I didn't think we were amazing yesterday. Defensively we looked great, really impressed with Stones and Jagielka, best game i've seen from Galloway and Coleman looked really threatening again. But overall I thought it was just a very competent performance against a very poor Chelsea team.

I suppose you could look at it from the point of view, I think we're capable of so much more and we still beat the champions comfortably 3-1 which is a big positive, but overall I think it was just a good performance, not a great one, plenty of aspects of it could have bee improved.

The media just accept it's an unstoppable shot and cream themselves over another 'worldy'

I would hope Howard watches it again and looks to improve his chances on long range efforts

By anticipating it swinging right into the top bin?

You have to remember he has to be ready for any ball into the box that he can come and claim, therefore his position should be a few years off his line and following the line of the ball on the pitch, hence why there was a bit of goal to his right to aim that.

Matic hit a worldy, not a lot he could do.

nais.webp

was just trying to help you spin it as a positive, but whatevs.

As for Naisy, don't care about next week, the lad shows up against Chelski.
Oh, I didn't actually understand your joke. I get it now, and it's very clever. Good one! lol

But Naismith's still [Poor language removed]! xD

Reactions: obc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back