Everton v Chelsea. 14th Sep @ 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez keeps impressing me with his interviews:

"(But) in football you can only consider satisfaction when you win the three points.

"You need to do that."

You've gotta believe, if it all does click, we have a good man on our hands.

anyone else have the feeling this will be a real humdinger of a match? reckon it will be probably the best game of the season so far

bookmark this to vault me

You managed to communicate an accurate account of how we're doing and the sort of challenge we pose with some humour and an entertaining dialogue. I believe if you can't handle some banter you shouldn't visit opposition forums!

Mata was injured during preseason and has apparently not been up to full fitness over the last three games. He featured against Villa but he was clearly not himself. With Oscar having a twisted ankle and Mata having the international break to work on his fitness since he wasn't called up for Spain, I'd be surprised if he wasn't selected for this one.

As far as Lampard goes, he and Ramires do not make a great central midfield paring. He's 35 now and most of us think he can't be starting on a weekly basis like he is. He's always liable to come up with a goal from nowhere, but his overall contribution to our midfield has declined significantly. He'll have one great game then a row of poor ones (though he could score in any of them).

I agree with some of the posts here that if Everton scores first it'll become a bit of a thriller because we'll then be forced out of our comfort zone to go after you. If you let us overwhelm you in the opening 20 minutes like Hull and Villa did though, it'll be tough to claw it back because we're looking so well organised again. Man City are away to Stoke where they always drop points, and the Manchester derby is the week after so these points are significant to us before the CL and cup games start kicking in.

Alright mate, you've obviously got a good knowledge of the game and ur own team but I'd be very surprised if Chelsea overwhelmed us in the first 20 mins. We will start with a good atmosphere, mainly because of a load of pissed up scousers who will be in the pub watching the 3pm games before mosing over to Goodison, but also after having a decent window so we will have some momentum. We obviously don't have the quality or resources of your team but we are a class above villa and hull. If anything I expect us to start quicker but for us to stand a good chance we will need to score first. My fingers are crossed that you are wrong about mata because for my money he is the best footballer in your squad. If he starts I will be a lot less optimistic. I can see a close game with no more than 1 goal in it, Chelsea rightly favourites but by no means a foregone conclusion.

For me, Chelsea are the scourge of modern football. The first real " buy their way to the top" pretenders.

Having lived in west london, I have lots of friends who are "chels" but have no respect at all for their club.

They are nothing but a bunch of mockneys who's older fans STILL think it's cool to start on non-fighting fans and whose younger fans have no respect for the clubs and fans who have done it the proper way cos they have been spoiled by the turd Abramovic.

As for the "special one", fu c k off, special needs one more like. What an arrogant, square headed, dwarf bodied little card. Totally got found out in spain and italy and will get nailed here too.

"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE ....." - always shocks their young fans 'cause they have no idea about real fans.

Come on you REAL blues smash these historyless turds 1-0

For me, Chelsea are the scourge of modern football. The first real " buy their way to the top" pretenders.

Having lived in west london, I have lots of friends who are "chels" but have no respect at all for their club.

They are nothing but a bunch of mockneys who's older fans STILL think it's cool to start on non-fighting fans and whose younger fans have no respect for the clubs and fans who have done it the proper way cos they have been spoiled by the turd Abramovic.

As for the "special one", fu c k off, special needs one more like. What an arrogant, square headed, dwarf bodied little card. Totally got found out in spain and italy and will get nailed here too.

"WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE ....." - always shocks their young fans 'cause they have no idea about real fans.

Youre the one with special needs if you think he got found out in Italy.

Won the league twice, the domestic cup once, and the Champions League in the space of two seasons.

'Found out'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back