Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
69574.jpg

A return for the lucky few in what will be a fairly muted Goodison for a Saturday night game.

A tough run coming up and every game we will need to show a lot more than we have recently.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Holgate
Doucs - Allan - Gomes
Hamez - DCL - Rico
COYB

Were going to get battered.

They replaced kepa. Stopped leaking goals immediately. Wouldnt put pickford in kepa catergory.
But you get the point. Its a start.

We cannot keep giving away possession as we have being doing recently. Best go long supporting dcl and winning breaking now and again against these. The idea of side passing around back four and then suddenly playing a pass under pressure and giving it away is becoming a big problem for us.

We cannot keep giving away possession as we have being doing recently. Best go long supporting dcl and winning breaking now and again against these. The idea of side passing around back four and then suddenly playing a pass under pressure and giving it away is becoming a big problem for us.
Amen. I've been saying this for a long time. Losing possession is becoming a huge problem and, unfortunately, the root cause is Pickford. Please watch and analyze how poor his distribution skills are: 1, kicks the ball to the clouds or looking for DCL but ends up with the opponent. 2. possession is lost 3. A counter attack starts 4. Midfield and defense suffer 5. lucky if we don't concede 6. Repeat.

Given up until the dead wood is gone, I cant see Everton getting anywhere near the top 6, Man United are a sham but everyone knows they will beat Everton in the league cup. Hopefully next summer a wholesale clear out and some new faces

We’re going to get turned over here. Hope Carlo changes it up and just let’s Niels play a bit. It won’t matter so give the young guys some experience.

Amen. I've been saying this for a long time. Losing possession is becoming a huge problem and, unfortunately, the root cause is Pickford. Please watch and analyze how poor his distribution skills are: 1, kicks the ball to the clouds or looking for DCL but ends up with the opponent. 2. possession is lost 3. A counter attack starts 4. Midfield and defense suffer 5. lucky if we don't concede 6. Repeat.
My favorite is when we’ve been under consistent pressure and he still launches balls towards DCL immediately after he collects it as if he expects him to win 1 v 5 battles with zero support.

Frank Lampard press conference is 1pm tomorrow [Thursday] via chelsea website, if any want to hear what he says about this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back