Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, but I expect to get smashed, and if that’s happening, why not just give him a chance. Also delph is hurt so maybe he’s got a shot...
Who knows, the 11 from last week minus Delph? I agree we’re likely to get beat, but that’s no reason to throw Niels in. I like him, but I’ve not seen anything to suggest he’s ready to go toe to toe with this Chelsea side. Don’t get the impression Ancelotti does either and he’s seeing him every day.

Who knows, the 11 from last week minus Delph? I agree we’re likely to get beat, but that’s no reason to throw Niels in. I like him, but I’ve not seen anything to suggest he’s ready to go toe to toe with this Chelsea side. Don’t get the impression Ancelotti does either and he’s seeing him every day.
Let’s frame this another way. What’s the alternative at left back? Iwobi again?

I shake my head a little with posters asserting that playing at home should stave off the players' (and manager's) homesickness. Yes, we are awful away from Goodison, but we are also awful at home. The homesickness epidemic sweeping through the team is much more deep seated than simple home/away fixtures. Our players miss their mums, and sisters and friends in the village they grew up. They miss home cooking and being comforted at night by loving aunts and grandmas.
In short, our team is a collection of big girls' blouses. The only reason they don't shiver with fear when they take the pitch is that none of them have a spine for the shiver to travel up and down.
They are a hard team to like, let alone support.

Chelsea to win easily 3(or4) -nil

NSNO

Yes we should frame it another way. Godfrey, not Iwobi, played at LB last week once Delph went off. He’s not a LB but did well.
Yeah but he doesn’t offer width
Down that side as nkonkou would. He’ll be raw but he was deemed good enough to start at Newcastle, in the carabao cups and be on the subs bench in other games. Now we have our first choice lb out and what seems was his second choice. Why isn’t he even on the bench now? Crazy

Yeah but he doesn’t offer width
Down that side as nkonkou would. He’ll be raw but he was deemed good enough to start at Newcastle, in the carabao cups and be on the subs bench in other games. Now we have our first choice lb out and what seems was his second choice. Why isn’t he even on the bench now? Crazy
Yes I agree with you, width is an issue for us there. But Carabao isn’t Chelsea and he really wasn’t good against a poor Newcastle, wasn’t just him. He’s not featured since. I’d love him to start and do well. Just think Carlo isn’t seeing it with him yet for whatever reason.

Come on you Blues, sort of. I should be permitted to type that on here, except on this occasion I hope the winning team is wearing a revolting pink Palace leftover kit. Not confident at all though. Goodson is very hit or miss for us, usually miss.

This game scares the hell out of me. Still haven't got over the 4-0 I had the pleasure of witnessing earlier in the year.

Not going to be able to 'out-defend' these, so hopefully Carlo decides to open us up a bit and we put a couple past them.

Zouma is getting attention for scoring, but he is still defensively weak, need to target him hard.

I'd like him to play this:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Godfrey Niels
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James DCL Richarlison

But think he will play

Pickford
Iwobi Keane Holgate Godfrey
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James DCL Richarlison

Iwobi will get torn apart by Werner's movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back