Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely worried now, worst still is the next game that we notoriously bottle.

I know it's early days but we look so disjointed and lethargic.

We had enough of the ball and enough chances to win the game with ease, Do you not think that?

Do you not agree that our own cock up's gifted them the three points?

We didn't get the 3 points so irrelevant. And if this was a one off game i'd be just annoyed rather than worrying, like the defeat to these last year. But this year as seen far to my issues to raise concerns.

You need to rest players after the Europa League. He has replaced the players with top class internationals. It is not like he's pulled players out of the 3rd division! The team was just unlucky.

Howard made a mess of it, Campbell should be getting nowhere near scoring, pathetic keeping from Howard today, he had two massive brain fades, he's always got those mistakes in him, its why Utd got rid of him, top keeper one game, making howlers the next.
Yea I like Howard but there's a lot better out there we could afford.

A good/consistent keeper is worth 6-8 points a season.

Howard is fine sometimes brilliant in games where he is involved but he makes howlers when he has nothing to do.

That's my only gripe with him today

Just play your strongest eleven ffs, We are 5 games into the season

I rather he plays a second team in the Coca Cola Cup. We just hand over three points. Why take the risk, the league is the most important tournament.

No Knee Jerking from my stance.

But the responsibility for our loss stands with Howard, and Martinez, two seasons on the run, Palace have came with a plan, and they stuck to it perfectly, why we cannot mark, or even track Bolasie is a mystery to me.

Why Howard has poor communication, i don't know, but in several instances today, Distin booted the ball into touch, when in reality Howard could have claimed. For the penalty, again Howards communication was lacking, and Stones tried to shield it off waiting for him to come, he never, and then went in rash, similar to Sunderland last season, lucky not to be sent off too, and subsequently miss the derby.

But my major gripe definitely stands with Martinez taking off a defender, and changing that by putting an untested holding midfielder in his place, Palace were onto it straight away, and for Bolasie's goal, it's solely McCarthy's fault, but he's out of his depth there, why was he there to begin with?

It's evident Mirallas isn't going to play on Tuesday, so why not start him, 3 games in 14 days is something a pro footballer should be able to handle for me, personally, not that Atsu had a particularly bad game by any instance.

Everyone can moan at Lukaku too, but at the end of the day, he's on the pitch to score goals, and he did that today, if he scores/assists in a goal a game until the end of the season, that's a contribution to 38 goals, and we'd all be made up with that, so i find it hard to criticise, when in reality, he's technically done his job, by scoring.

Either way, poor performance, means poor result, Palace turned up with a plan, and exposed us, not getting a second killed us, and any momentum from Wolfsburg has been lost sadly. Kids on Tuesday, Huge expectation on Saturday, lets hope for a big week.

Disagree completely on the Bolasie goal, think you are way overanalysing to call it the fault of the sub or the managers decision when it all came from possession being turned over when we should have been building an attack. Terrible dithering from Ossie. I don't mind that McCarthy had some battles with Bolasie....overall I think I did help us have more numbers in attack aand we created the chances to at least draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back