Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had enough of the ball and enough chances to win the game with ease, Do you not think that?

Do you not agree that our own cock up's gifted them the three points?
Seeing as you can say the same about the Leicester and Arsenal games (ok we only gifted them 1 point each) it is getting a little bit annoying now.

I had to listen to the game on BBC London. The commentators were pi@@ing themselves at our defence. They could not believe their luck. Rightly so aswell, a little bit of pressure and we are screwed with Jags and Distin at the moment. Thing is though even before Palace scored the first, even they knew to exert a little pressure on the two centre backs as they are not good enough. How come two Southern commentators can see it but seemingly Martinez can not at the moment. Distin needs to be left out at the moment as the two cannot play together and at least Jags and Stones looked tidy against Brom and Wolfsburg.
Sorry mate but as bad as Jags and Distin have been all season they were not at fault for any of the goals.

The first was a cock up between Stones and Howard. Stones should have hoofed it into the stand but he must of thought Howard would get it, but all Howard got was the Player.

The second was all Howards fault. He came for a lofted cross and completely missed it.

The third was Osmans who completely missed the 20,000 decibel cry of "man on" from the Goodison crown and allowed the Palace player to take it off his feet just outside our penalty area.

No Knee Jerking from my stance.

But the responsibility for our loss stands with Howard, and Martinez, two seasons on the run, Palace have came with a plan, and they stuck to it perfectly, why we cannot mark, or even track Bolasie is a mystery to me.

Why Howard has poor communication, i don't know, but in several instances today, Distin booted the ball into touch, when in reality Howard could have claimed. For the penalty, again Howards communication was lacking, and Stones tried to shield it off waiting for him to come, he never, and then went in rash, similar to Sunderland last season, lucky not to be sent off too, and subsequently miss the derby.

But my major gripe definitely stands with Martinez taking off a defender, and changing that by putting an untested holding midfielder in his place, Palace were onto it straight away, and for Bolasie's goal, it's solely McCarthy's fault, but he's out of his depth there, why was he there to begin with?

It's evident Mirallas isn't going to play on Tuesday, so why not start him, 3 games in 14 days is something a pro footballer should be able to handle for me, personally, not that Atsu had a particularly bad game by any instance.

Everyone can moan at Lukaku too, but at the end of the day, he's on the pitch to score goals, and he did that today, if he scores/assists in a goal a game until the end of the season, that's a contribution to 38 goals, and we'd all be made up with that, so i find it hard to criticise, when in reality, he's technically done his job, by scoring.

Either way, poor performance, means poor result, Palace turned up with a plan, and exposed us, not getting a second killed us, and any momentum from Wolfsburg has been lost sadly. Kids on Tuesday, Huge expectation on Saturday, lets hope for a big week.
He rested Mirallas and Naismith for the Europa League game. It will be a full strength squad.

Can't dwell anyway. It doesn't get any better..

Onto the next one at Anfield....

Then Old Trafford after a 2000 mile trip to Krasandor, that'll be fun.

On a positive note this is the first in time ages I've come on here after a defeat and no ones blamed Bill or the board.
Times they are a changing on got.

That's probably because he didn't make any mistakes that gifted Palace 3 goals.

But if you need to keep mentioning Bill Kenwright, go right ahead.

We didn't get the 3 points so irrelevant. And if this was a one off game i'd be just annoyed rather than worrying, like the defeat to these last year. But this year as seen far to my issues to raise concerns.

Of course its relevant, You are saying Warnock had this perfect game plan and Martinez should have learnt from last season, We had control over the game, We are 1-0 up inside 9 mins, Then stupid errors allow them back into the game

How can he account for players cocking up?

Osman to deactivate his account before the end of the night. Absolutely ridiculous that he starts for us in 2014, he's absolute Aids and I've been desperate to see him phased out for about 5 years now.

possession this possession that, ffs.
People can avoid the similarities all they like, but we're currently looking exactly like Wigan were for years under Martinez.

Good football, loads of Possession, scoring a few goals but looking horribly exposed and conceding goals all over the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back