Everton v Espanyol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not that I watched it, but I never feel too confident when Ross steps up for a penalty - it doesn't feel right, he's meant to hit them from outside the box.

Baines bro????

Hahahahaha grow a set of balls Baines you absolute little fart
Yet another reason why he'd be a horrific captain tbh. He has no balls. He should be grabbing that ball and pointing out his unbelievable penalty scoring record if questioned. Barkley and Lukaku and Mirallas have proved they are not up to taking penalties. The real question is why hasn't Koeman decided Baines takes them when he is on the pitch?

Why the hell does Baines not take penalties anymore?

It always confuses me why we have situations like last season where a certain player claims it. Surely we have a set player who takes them regardless of circumstances?

I think were still on roberto time ere. Need to wake up. We are not this poor surely ...big ron is gunna shout some expletives

The club was gutted by the complete ineptitude of Martinez over two seasons. It's going to take time to repair that.

But that makes it all the worse that we are now a week away from the new season and haven't done the obvious in the transfer market to begin that repair work.

We are this bad. All of this is totally predictable.

Overall impression of that half - flat, lacking any spark or imagination going forward, and always looking one calamity away from conceding. Penalty would have disguised a very lacklustre performance.

We remind me of a shot Mike Tyson at the end of his career, with all the ideas in his head but no longer the ability to do it, just waiting for that one knockout punch to make an impact rather than doing the basics.

Individually, Gueye looks like he'll be OK when he beds in, Barry was good, Barkley great early but faded badly. Other than that, nothing.

The need for incomings to inject some life into this squad is more obvious than ever, but obviously we should have had four or five in by now, and it's increasingly looking like pure negligence that we haven't brought those in.

And whe should really hope that we don't Lose Lukaku or Stones at this moment. Even if we do find replacements, we've wasted valuable time we could have used to work them into the team by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back