Everton v Espanyol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's bothered either way. I think he's happy and confident enough to take them, as shown by his record, but I also think he's not a player to refuse to give them up - if someone else wants them he's happy enough to let them take it.
That's wrong then, he needs to man up and take them for himself

Thought we have pressed them well so far. We're still giving away posession too much with sloppy passing though imo.

Thought Gana looked decent. Assured in the tackle.

Although we've dominated in the main we've just not converted the few chances that have come along. Who skippers today, I suspect Leighton will have allowed Ross to take the pen if he has the armband.

They have made it a physical not so friendly game, intense tackling and commitment. All in all if this was a game a few weeks ago I'd be quite happy, it isn't and we must improve in the second half. Koeman was far from impressed on the touch line.

Hope Jags get a decent injury free run out.

Overall, I thought Gueye did alright. Gave away the penalty wanting to win everything on his debut which was a bit silly but he has done pretty good since. He's getting around putting tackles in and getting interceptions like it said on the tin. Played a nice little one-two though you can see he doesn't have the greatest first touch. His passing was better than I had been led to believe.

Still need a good ball playing cm and some creativity around the front man. Gueyes been good, miles better than ginger fraud

The club was gutted by the complete ineptitude of Martinez over two seasons. It's going to take time to repair that.

But that makes it all the worse that we are now a week away from the new season and haven't done the obvious in the transfer market to begin that repair work.

We are this bad. All of this is totally predictable.
I have to say..deep down it was coming. This squad needs a size 12 up its jax.. not good enough. I appreciate we are only one down and we have a young squad but that doesnt excuse the complete lack of movement from our young lads. Thought Barry's looked a class above....as has Gueye. The rest ?? We maybe need a little realism going forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back