Everton v Espanyol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say..deep down it was coming. This squad needs a size 12 up its jax.. not good enough. I appreciate we are only one down and we have a young squad but that doesnt excuse the complete lack of movement from our young lads. Thought Barry's looked a class above....as has Gueye. The rest ?? We maybe need a little realism going forwards

This isn't a young side - Stekelenberg, Baines, Coleman, Barry, Mirallas - all very experienced, and the rest have by and large had two or three years of PL experience.

What this actually is is a horribly imbalanced side.

Gueye has been the best player in that half (aside from the pen). The others are picking up where they left off last year, poor touches, too many touches, not switched on, slow reactions.

I hope the fact that mentally the players know its a friendly is the reason and we will take it up a notch next saturday otherwise we could be in for a shock.

On a side note, Baines looks a bit more like the Baines of old here - we need him and Coleman to get back to their best.

Clearly still working on how best to play Lukaku in the side (seems odd after 3 years of him being here) but he's getting no service running onto the ball from outside of the box and from cross balls he always seems to go behind a defender allowing the defender to get goal side. For a man with a great goal scoring record he makes it look very easy to defend against him.

We really need to play the ball quicker from midfield for him to run onto to get the best out of him. You would think with Geri and Mirallas that should be achievable but nothing so far.

This isn't a young side - Stekelenberg, Baines, Coleman, Barry, Mirallas - all very experienced, and the rest have by and large had two or three years of PL experience.

What this actually is is a horribly imbalanced side.
I cannot disagree.. .and I was being kind with the youth remark... didnt want to look a jerk in the knee department. We are on for a spanking against Spurs. Gnome a steak

Overall, I thought Gueye did alright. Gave away the penalty wanting to win everything on his debut which was a bit silly but he has done pretty good since. He's getting around putting tackles in and getting interceptions like it said on the tin. Played a nice little one-two though you can see he doesn't have the greatest first touch. His passing was better than I had been led to believe.

Remember when James Beattie played and almost immediately got a red card.....they just get pumped up and want to make an impression, it happens.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back