Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know he wasn’t carrying a knock? Perhaps he couldn’t start, Dyche must have had his reasons also Simm came on when the game was lost. I don’t know what is best, he currently has those to to pick from poor bloke, iv3 never rated Dom but he is a massive improvement on these two. Simms does need time and we don’t play to suit Maupay ( so for that reason I think there must have been a reason Simms couldn’t start )
I'm willing to bet money on the fact Simms was fine and dandy and Dyche just preferred this setup.

Ironically when we play Maupay we try to go for a long ball over the top a lot more, as if he's Kylian Maupay and can outrun everyone. No success AT ALL so far, but it's good to try innit, we can definitely afford these silly experiments.

Notes from today:
- We need a cull of players who aren't good enough. Myko, Maupay, Gana are simply not good enough.
-Play 442. Maupay as a sole striker? Never going to get a point. Maybe play him with Simms or Gray up top and he might add something but as I said, Maups not good enough.
- work on Garners long shots. Reckon he could get some bangers if its worked on.
- stop replacing players with mediocre players. Myko isn't as good as Digne. Maupay isn't as good as Richy (nor is McNeil but he's performing better now).

Overall we need to be better and be smarter.

You're missing my point. The worrying thing is that Sean playing Maypay so long today when it was so obviously not working. Why couldn't Sean see that? We were playing with ten men, he has to go.
You can have a go at Dyche I’m not going to, he’s new here I like him better than most we have had, I’m not going to tell him how to do his job. Tbh after last season I dreaded this again and I think I’d take relegation now just for it to be over, I hate wasting my weekends on this dross, but its habit a habit I think Im going to change.

I'm willing to bet money on the fact Simms was fine and dandy and Dyche just preferred this setup.

Ironically when we play Maupay we try to go for a long ball over the top a lot more, as if he's Kylian Maupay and can outrun everyone. No success AT ALL so far, but it's good to try innit, we can definitely afford these silly experiments.
Who started up top at Utd? That went well didn’t it 🤷‍♂️

Who started up top at Utd? That went well didn’t it 🤷‍♂️
We don't try to play to his strengths - we get what we deserve.

Everyone, Simms included, has said he prefers the ball at his feet - he looks better with the ball at his feet and has good movement. Naturally, the only answer is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF cuz he's a bit tall lol

Notes from today:
- We need a cull of players who aren't good enough. Myko, Maupay, Gana are simply not good enough.
-Play 442. Maupay as a sole striker? Never going to get a point. Maybe play him with Simms or Gray up top and he might add something but as I said, Maups not good enough.
- work on Garners long shots. Reckon he could get some bangers if its worked on.
- stop replacing players with mediocre players. Myko isn't as good as Digne. Maupay isn't as good as Richy (nor is McNeil but he's performing better now).

Overall we need to be better and be smarter.
Yes I agree with this.

If we're honest with ourselves we only started thinking we'd have a sniff of a victory today once Mitrovic got banned. Got nobody to score now he's banned was the shout.
I'm falling back on the familiar "until its mathematically impossible" as my only source of hope.

We don't try to play to his strengths - we get what we deserve.

Everyone, Simms included, has said he prefers the ball at his feet - he looks better with the ball at his feet and has good movement. Naturally, the only answer is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF cuz he's a bit tall lol
I think the jury is still out on Simms, him saying how he wants us to play to suit him is a little early, Dyche watches training and he decides and rightly so.

So you're saying @chicoazul was right and it was the fans fault all along?

You can only expect the crowd to save the team so many times - it can't keep happening every year.
I know, and I don't blame the fans, but this dead atmosphere at Goodison at this stage of the season is helping to kill us. Last season they kept us up, proving that the crowd at Goodison can make that much difference. They could maybe have got us 3 points today if they were at it, they were not and did not, and that could be the difference between last seasons end and this one. So it's not the fans fault, but it's a contributing factor, that cannot be denied.

Inappropriate Content
Congratulations on your witty post. I reported it BTW. I've been on here 15 years and I believe it is the first time I have ever felt the need to report a post.
Maybe you haven’t been reporting people enough then? I guess you want to cancel me
for hate or something lol.
It’s amusing the hate I have received on here, typical woke lefties. Fighting hate with hate.

The sexualisation of children is not for me, you nonces happy clap it all you want I will not. He she they whatever it is it’s a disgrace:

8F32A901-DC5E-4B4F-A302-174DCCA4901C.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back