Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get Mina back in again please?? Some of the defending namely that 3rd goal was a joke. Anyone know how long Coleman is out for?

Missing Doucore, Onana, and Coleman was telling today It made us mentally and physically weak. Lack of aggression and spirit punishes you in this league. If we'd had those three plus Richarlison and a healthy Lewin we'd probably be mid-table. There's no doubt that habitually selling our best players and replacing them with sub-standard championship stock may have driven the final nail into the Goodison coffin. If we do survive somehow there's no telling how we can do it again next season if we get punished by the FA. Is this as low as it gets? It was too long ago we got three points now. The dream of the bright shiny new stadium is so close as well. When I pass it in the car it gives me goosebumps. Will it get finished if we drop? Will hit the whisky soon. It takes the edge off!

I know, and I don't blame the fans, but this dead atmosphere at Goodison at this stage of the season is helping to kill us. Last season they kept us up, proving that the crowd at Goodison can make that much difference. They could maybe have got us 3 points today if they were at it, they were not and did not, and that could be the difference between last seasons end and this one. So it's not the fans fault, but it's a contributing factor, that cannot be denied.
Aye it's true, I agree, but we also can't rely on that - the players and manager have to take responsibility and be held accountable. Last season we knew we were up against it, this was the last resort, and we still barely made it out.

Second season in a row after being told/promised/expecting this won't happen again is shambles of the highest order, regardless of whose fault you think it is honestly.

I don't blame them is what I'm saying. It would've been a nice helping hand, but you can't expect to be bailed out like those knobs on the pitch seem to expect.

Shocking result today. So much for getting points v Chelsea (who lost at home today) and a battling draw v Spurs (who got beat at home today too).
We`re at the mercy of other teams results from now on. God help us if Forest or Leicester find some form.

Notes from today:
- We need a cull of players who aren't good enough. Myko, Maupay, Gana are simply not good enough.
-Play 442. Maupay as a sole striker? Never going to get a point. Maybe play him with Simms or Gray up top and he might add something but as I said, Maups not good enough.
- work on Garners long shots. Reckon he could get some bangers if its worked on.
- stop replacing players with mediocre players. Myko isn't as good as Digne. Maupay isn't as good as Richy (nor is McNeil but he's performing better now).

Overall we need to be better and be smarter.
Was thinking during the game who would be with us next year in the championship. Pickford, Onana and DCL will be gone. Basically it will be
Patterson
Tarkowski
Godfrey
Keane
Garner
Gray
Gana
Doucoure
McNeil
Cannon
Simms
Slim pickings to choose from even in the championship.

I think the jury is still out on Simms, him saying how he wants us to play to suit him is a little early, Dyche watches training and he decides and rightly so.
I agree on the overall, but the quote wasn't from his time at us funnily enough lol and he just said what he prefers cuz every young player gets asked the same crap preset questions anyway.

On the 2nd part - not sure what Dyche watches as we also hoof to (and he actually chooses to start) Maupay. No idea what he sees, must be using his 3rd or 4th eyes or something, no idea. Or maybe he picks players by smell, judging by his early pressers and him being able to smell confidence and auras and whatever else he said lol

Agree with everything you’ve said. We looked a team totally devoid of ideas and quality, but most importantly fight. It will be a miracle if we stay up.
We looked good until Gueye run out of gas. Then with Iwobi and Gray not defending Tarkowski being awful and Godfrey having to come of everything did fall together. The second goal was hilarious. Gray losing the ball on the right side . A harmless ball coming to William on the left side and suddenly Fulham had 3 men all alone on the penalty spot, because Iwobi Guye and Garner werent arsed to sprint back!

Dyche got it wrong today. We're running out of games. We looked defeated today.

What should he have done differently windy? And would it have been enough to change that result?

Looking at the bench, I don't think so.

That's the bigger worry for me - we're missing a few but the reality is this team is relegation fodder.

1681576038187.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back