Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinelly, I'd have rather we'd kept Tosun if we're going to play Maupay as we are.

Tosun was slow, very slow.

But at least he could strike a ball with some conviction. Would have fancied him to bag at least one of the two sitters Maupay spurned today.

Maupay runs like the Road Runner: his legs move, but he doesn't go anywhere.

I've had some sympathy for him, because he's been in a team that all season doesn't play in a way that suits him whatsoever.

However today, he got two good chances that generally he probably has been waiting for. I still remember his derby sitter he missed, that's three big sitters he's missed. Lack of confidence/gametime contributing? Possibly.

Lack of quality? for sure.

Problem is no matter how good or bad your defense and midfield are you're always going to be under pressure when there's nothing up top and it constantly breaks down.. Everybody knew this at the start of the season and even more so in January

Their third goal was actually pretty good, so can't get too upset about that. Bit like Gray's goal at city, it happens sometimes. But the other two goals - where's the midfield gone? Happened more times where they could just have a simple shot in our area. Had a go at Onana about this several times in the past, but they are all the same, slowly jogging back watching the play...

I know i have said this a few times over the past few years. But when tom davies is one of your "creative" options to change from the bench you may aswell just chuck it in.
There is just nothing there. Bit of sweat and graft maybe. But we are so poor and so paper thin.
I know the squad is dreadful and the drop off from the best 11 to the rest is mostly monumental but that doesn’t excuse the amount of long balls aimed in or around Maupey and the opposition centrebacks, especially after Gray dropped into the midfield 5. That was Everton immediately giving Fulham the ball back 9 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back