Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right about the playmaker Dave, and I think Martinez is aware of this. Barkley has not progressed, I don't think he ever will, and Barry kept his place largely because of his ability to pick a forward pass and be fitter than Gibson. I think that Eto'o was signed because Martinez thought he might be able to use his experience and become a stopgap playmaker to buy a bit of time, but it didn't work out. Osman as well, despite his critics, would have been very useful over the last few weeks.

Completely agree. The Eto'o situation really should have worked, but it didn't. As you say, even Osman would have been of more use.

I think he recognised this as a problem, has tried to fix it, but he's just gone for sticking plasters rather than anything more meaningful. He really does need to nail this spot down and a CB in the summer...and that's for starters.

Completely agree. The Eto'o situation really should have worked, but it didn't. As you say, even Osman would have been of more use.

I think he recognised this as a problem, has tried to fix it, but he's just gone for sticking plasters rather than anything more meaningful. He really does need to nail this spot down and a CB in the summer...and that's for starters.

I have already gone out on a limb and said the injury to Ossie was the most debilitating we had had this season.

I reckon 36 and the decent GD we have compared to the teams below us will do the trick.
can someone use their photoshop skills to do a video of martinez singing 'its all about the goal difference' to the tune of 'its all about the bass' with baines, jagielka, lukaku and besic in the background doing a breakdance and then in the interlude, tony hibbert pops up with a stone cold stunner on martinez and scored a 50 yard volley against liverpool with him going up to the camera's doing a stevie G kiss to it and then stevie G pops up and he's just stood there crying.

anyone?

They know if he'd have had £230M in the last three seasons he'd have won them something by now. He got Wigan a trophy by spending ten bob. I wonder how many trophies Gnasher the no mark would win with ten bob...correct: the same amount he won with £230M - sweet **** all.
He also got wigan relegated waving the white flag.
Mind you i would love to see the scum fans watching howard week in week out.

I have already gone out on a limb and said the injury to Ossie was the most debilitating we had had this season.
I cant stand him tbh, but I recognise that say once in every 5 or 6 games he put a very decent performance in. That's a better average than Barkley and Naismith have put in this season since end of November, that's for sure.

We really are scraping the barrel though.

I cant stand him tbh, but I recognise that say once in every 5 or 6 games he put a very decent performance in. That's a better average than Barkley and Naismith have put in this season since end of November, that's for sure.

We really are scraping the barrel though.
That is quite true.
But why keep on insisting playing the same way with no playmaker in the squad who is good enough?

Davek, any chance of a pie chart that shows amount of [Poor language removed] chatted at the match compared to good , sound football Talk.....maybe do it be stand for some clarity.

They know if he'd have had £230M in the last three seasons he'd have won them something by now. He got Wigan a trophy by spending ten bob. I wonder how many trophies Gnasher the no mark would win with ten bob...correct: the same amount he won with £230M - sweet **** all.

I think Rodgers is the biggest phoney around but at the minute no one can argue that he's not out performing martinez. The perma tanned beaut has found a way to win after a tough start to the season, whereas our bob looks scared to try anything different

I think Rodgers is the biggest phoney around but at the minute no one can argue that he's not out performing martinez. The perma tanned beaut has found a way to win after a tough start to the season, whereas our bob looks scared to try anything different
I must admit i hate brenda.
Glad he is there at least they will never win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back