Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bad season is 8th or 9th or maybe even tenth. An okay season is 7th or 6th. A good season is 5th, 4th. This isn't bad. This is unacceptable. My heart wants Bobby to stay next season and for us to finish 4th. But my mind says we won't progress with him.

Let's try going for an Argentine coach. Maybe a gem like Diego Simeone may emerge. But the Boca Jrs coach is actually quite respectable and has a good style if football.

(n)
They were sitting back. What could be done other than bombard their area with punts into there and hope we got a knock down?

He did what he could do trying to work them about and out toward us. It opened up a couple of times but Lukaku and Barkley didn't finish it.

We need a real playmaker. We havent got one and he'll defo have to go out and find one in the summer, because we cant have this happening next season.
They weren't sitting back at all, they had a couple of good chances that, fortunately they wasted. It appeared they were playing with 10 behind the ball because by the time Baines etc had held the ball up for 2/3 mins, then passed it around at the back, Leicester players had naturally made their way back I to defensive positions; it was our job to break them down, they're the away side (n)
We didn't have a poor run at the season's end. We won exactly half of our points in each half of the season. From March until May we played 12 games and won 9 of them!!

What you're really saying is that you liked Martinez last season, but because it's gone tits up a bit this season you dont fancy lending your manager a bit of support when things aren't going swimmingly.
If you read it properly, I said I was behind the manager, and that was because I thought he knew what he was doing. The Brazil debacle was unforgivable - what would your boss say if you said you were extending your holiday to earn more money? - and his lamentable activity (or lack of activity) in the transfer market was worrying. Then, when things began to go wrong, he never had (and probably still hasn't got) a clue how to fix it. Like my post said, the fans seem to know more than the guy in charge, and that is not on. But maybe you think that's good enough for Everton FC

......it's the other things as well, he got his head to a couple of their corners when they were a real threat. I bet his team mates love him to bits.

Bet they don't, when we are trying to build pressure, and his pass is behind the player... yet again. Teammates will love the likes of Besic, McCarthy, Gibson, Baines, Oviedo, even Kone. Naismith? No.[/QUOTE]

You mean the same Besic and Mccarthy who, when confronted by 9 or 10 defenders in front of them in the final third, haven't got a positive attacking pass between them? I don't believe we'll get even close to going down, but if we are ever in a relegation scrap, Naismith would be the first name on my team sheet, and Barkley the Wonder Boy would be nowhere near the team, because he appears to be literally frightened of the ball, and frightened of opposition players. The one thing he is currently good at is hiding.Naismith NEVER HIDES. Everton is/was the School Of Science, but we only ever succeeded because we had no SHIRKERS. We have always had a Dennis Stevens, a Joe Parky, and others who fought for the space that enabled the 'flair' players to play. Give me a Naismith any time over a fancy Dan diva frightened of getting his kit dirty, and frightened of a few bruises,and frightened of sometimes getting things wrong.

They were sitting back. What could be done other than bombard their area with punts into there and hope we got a knock down?

He did what he could do trying to work them about and out toward us. It opened up a couple of times but Lukaku and Barkley didn't finish it.

We need a real playmaker. We havent got one and he'll defo have to go out and find one in the summer, because we cant have this happening next season.

You're right about the playmaker Dave, and I think Martinez is aware of this. Barkley has not progressed, I don't think he ever will, and Barry kept his place largely because of his ability to pick a forward pass and be fitter than Gibson. I think that Eto'o was signed because Martinez thought he might be able to use his experience and become a stopgap playmaker to buy a bit of time, but it didn't work out. Osman as well, despite his critics, would have been very useful over the last few weeks.

(n)
They weren't sitting back at all, they had a couple of good chances that, fortunately they wasted. It appeared they were playing with 10 behind the ball because by the time Baines etc had held the ball up for 2/3 mins, then passed it around at the back, Leicester players had naturally made their way back I to defensive positions; it was our job to break them down, they're the away side (n)

If you read it properly, I said I was behind the manager, and that was because I thought he knew what he was doing. The Brazil debacle was unforgivable - what would your boss say if you said you were extending your holiday to earn more money? - and his lamentable activity (or lack of activity) in the transfer market was worrying. Then, when things began to go wrong, he never had (and probably still hasn't got) a clue how to fix it. Like my post said, the fans seem to know more than the guy in charge, and that is not on. But maybe you think that's good enough for Everton FC

You have no idea what was going on/agreed for staying in Brazil so how can you possibly comment? None of us can.

@kithnou and @Prevenger17 will concur. I think Naisy might be ahead of Aiden
@bainesontoast @deipnosophist @Prevenger17
How does one separate such talent?
My esteemed fellow Evertonians.
I will make this controversial, yet observant, statement now. Borrow my eyes. Share in my vision. Bath in my precociousness.
S.J Naismith is player of the season by a country mile. S.J Naismith should be the next Everton captain.
But nobody. And I mean nobody....can be "Geads"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back