Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In work today so could only check on here for little updates. I'm assuming we reverted to type again and were crap? Noticed Howard getting Slagged off so no doubt he's ballsed up again. Martinez already come out and defended him. Piss poor result that, piss poor season.
Tim Howard was so bad mate he never had a save to make - just handed - pardon the pun - The goals on a plate to them we went from 1-0 up to 2- 1 down in no time - our tempo was poor in the 1st half but the second half Lukarku could have had a hat trick , but the pressure the bearded clown in goal puts on us it's so bad he has to go , and be dropped all season!

Martinez needs to be sacked sooner rather than later, the truth is we're going to get relegated or near the bottom of the table if he doesn't go. He has no passion and seems to think we're still in pre season, we have only won 3 games at home all season which is pathetic. We haven't beaten any of the top teams all season and rarely kept and clean sheet in games. He continues to select underperforming players like Howard, Lukaku and McGeady who put in zero effort most of the time. Look at fact Tim Howard had a huge smirk on his face when he booted by ball out for a throw in at 0-0 totally unforgivable. We need a manager like Slaven Billic who actually has some passion for the game and doesn't accept any nonsense from his players. Those who continue to support him will find themselves supporting a championship club sooner or later.

Certainly, i like the idea of having Ferguson (Duncan!!) as manager sometime in the near future. Now there is a guy with passion.....

That's something he felt we had sorted with Barkley. We didn't. That brought us into this season and he failed to bring one in during January. It was a mistake I've called him out on on this forum.

Hence my suggestion he needs to sort it in the summer.
If that is the case he should change his tactics then instead of using players as playmakers who are not up to it.

It was the performance, especially in the 1st half, more than the result that was most worrying.

Inviting the team which is adrift at the bottom of the league to come on to you like that was a suicidal tactic which backfired spectacularly, and nearly produced an even worse result.

Only a team and a manager lacking in confidence would even dream of playing in such a negative way against a team propping up the table, and i guess that explains why we did.

What fans wanted hoofball? You really are deluded if you can't see how ineffective RM is in terms of setting out teams, playing the right players, and in the correct positions. I was his biggest fan when we appointed him and was sucked in by our early form (post Chelsea home) but became concerned with our poor run at the seasons end. I assumed he would unearth a few gems with his Spanish connections and buy a decent CB and maybe a new keeper. His elongated holiday in Brazil annoyed me (and cost our players a proper pre-season preparation). And considering we had Lukaku and Barry in last seasons squad, all we did was swap Deulofeu for Besic. His arrogance and culture of playing the old guard no matter their form, has made me realise I was duped, probably by a combination of new manager syndrome, OFM's set up and the loan of GD and RL.
If you care about Everton as much as myself and others on this forum, you'll surely admit that he seems clueless this season, and either had to bring in an assistant with some knowhow, or collects his P45.
I remember Billy Bingham getting the dreaded Taxi, even though we were on the verge of a cup final, so he shouldn't be allowed to think he is fireproof; it's time for some kind of change, before we become a laughing stock

We didn't have a poor run at the season's end. We won exactly half of our points in each half of the season. From March until May we played 12 games and won 9 of them!!

What you're really saying is that you liked Martinez last season, but because it's gone tits up a bit this season you dont fancy lending your manager a bit of support when things aren't going swimmingly.

Tim Howard was so bad mate he never had a save to make - just handed - pardon the pun - The goals on a plate to them we went from 1-0 up to 2- 1 down in no time - our tempo was poor in the 1st half but the second half Lukarku could have had a hat trick , but the pressure the bearded clown in goal puts on us it's so bad he has to go , and be dropped all season!

Yep the bringing Howard back was really poor from Martinez. I've backed the fella to the hilt but that really wasn't acceptable in my book and it's costing us points. He obviously can't see it that way which is a huge concern. It'd been the same old same old all season. Martinez has had a nightmare season, and I think it's only the EL that's keeping him safe. Premier league survival is simply unacceptable when you look at the squad we have. We should be minimum 5th or 6th. Unfortunately this just isn't a blip, it's been all season and just isn't acceptable any more. Thanks as well @davek for the lowdown on the game

Yep the bringing Howard back was really poor from Martinez. I've backed the fella to the hilt but that really wasn't acceptable in my book and it's costing us points. He obviously can't see it that way which is a huge concern. It'd been the same old same old all season. Martinez has had a nightmare season, and I think it's only the EL that's keeping him safe. Premier league survival is simply unacceptable when you look at the squad we have. We should be minimum 5th or 6th. Unfortunately this just isn't a blip, it's been all season and just isn't acceptable any more. Thanks as well @davek for the lowdown on the game
I think he can see howards faults its just he is not strong enough to pick joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back