Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we showed great character to come back for the draw according to Martinez. What about the first hour of the match - where was the character then!! Why does it always seem to take us going a goal down at home before there's any urgency? 3 home league wins out of 13 games. Totally unacceptable I'm afraid!! We're Everton not Leicester!!!

....it's a fair point that the tempo naturally increases when we go a goal down.

Gibson was a bright spot. We don't have enough leaders when things are not going our way and I include the manager here. Really discouraged. We desperately needed to win that and we now have two absolute horrible away fixtures. My patience is wearing thin.

Manager had team playing its best football since the 80s last season, fans wanted hoofball.
Manager got a record 72 point PL haul, fans were made up.
Manager breathes fresh air into a stale club, fans take him to their hearts and call him Bobby Brown Shoes.
Manager oversees poor second season, (some) fans stamp their feet and want to get rid of him.

But that was 9 whole months ago ffs.

In work today so could only check on here for little updates. I'm assuming we reverted to type again and were crap? Noticed Howard getting Slagged off so no doubt he's ballsed up again. Martinez already come out and defended him. Piss poor result that, piss poor season.

....it's a fair point that the tempo naturally increases when we go a goal down.
It does seem that way. Today was a big game in terms of getting 3 points against the team bottom of the league. We haven't won a home game in the league since QPR in december. If ever there was a time to up the tempo from from the first whistle this was it. Just go straight at them and pin a poor team back. The manager sends them out to be 'patient' for 60 to 75 mins. Its not on at Goodison anymore. Disgusted in him at the moment.

I was one of those who did not budge when we equalized. I am most certainly not jumping for joy to pull level with the team at the bottom of the Premiership at home.(Its hard enough for me to stand up to let people past these days!).
Martinez is the manager. He shoulders responsibility for this. He has to grow a pair and make those decisions. They are not difficult decisions but uncomfortable ones. He has to drop Howard and tell him why and its now time to drop Baines and give Garbutt his opportunity. Oh yes, and tell all the players that every team is interested in the available points so no one is going to roll over for us. Expect to be challenged, expect to be closed down. Get them into training and practice passing to someone in a blue shirt and stop gifting the ball to the opposition with half hearted fancy dan flick passes.

Your remarks about passing are spot on. This for me is our primary weakpoint. And yet against Young Boys our passing looked world class. Clearly that says more about Young Boys than it does about us.....

In work today so could only check on here for little updates. I'm assuming we reverted to type again and were crap? Noticed Howard getting Slagged off so no doubt he's ballsed up again. Martinez already come out and defended him. Piss poor result that, piss poor season.
Funny game really. First half a poor one in terms of dealing with a familiar problem. Second half we had the chances to settle it and but for Howard we would have at least limped to a one goal win.

The method of patiently building up against this kind of spoiling tactics used by the likes of Leicester is not the issue. We need to be far more clinical in snapping up an opportunity early in a game to smash through that tactic.

But people like you wanted Naismith in there.

Quite right.

He's had enough time sitting on those laurels.
What makes you think i wanted naismith as a playmaker?
You have a tendency of making things up and beliving them.
You have not answered my question your resonse has just been some random comment you have made up.
Its a fair question if you think his play centres round a playmaker why have we not got one?

Your remarks about passing are spot on. This for me is our primary weakpoint. And yet against Young Boys our passing looked world class. Clearly that says more about Young Boys than it does about us.....
...or it suggests we were away from home in a cup competition and not at home in front of a nervous and irritable support looking to jump on every error in an important league encounter?

What makes you think i wanted naismith as a playmaker?
You have a tendency of making things up and beliving them.
You have not answered my question your resonse has just been some random comment you have made up.
Its a fair question if you think his play centres round a playmaker why have we not got one?
That's something he felt we had sorted with Barkley. We didn't. That brought us into this season and he failed to bring one in during January. It was a mistake I've called him out on on this forum.

Hence my suggestion he needs to sort it in the summer.

Gibson was a breath of fresh air today - every pass was a forward one and he was always looking for movement in front of him. Atsu too showed promise which surprised me a little based on his previous cameo appearances.
Roberto got the substitutions spot on today and injected some positive offensive movement.

Manager had team playing its best football since the 80s last season, fans wanted hoofball.
Manager got a record 72 point PL haul, fans were made up.
Manager breathes fresh air into a stale club, fans take him to their hearts and call him Bobby Brown Shoes.
Manager oversees poor second season, (some) fans stamp their feet and want to get rid of him.
What fans wanted hoofball? You really are deluded if you can't see how ineffective RM is in terms of setting out teams, playing the right players, and in the correct positions. I was his biggest fan when we appointed him and was sucked in by our early form (post Chelsea home) but became concerned with our poor run at the seasons end. I assumed he would unearth a few gems with his Spanish connections and buy a decent CB and maybe a new keeper. His elongated holiday in Brazil annoyed me (and cost our players a proper pre-season preparation). And considering we had Lukaku and Barry in last seasons squad, all we did was swap Deulofeu for Besic. His arrogance and culture of playing the old guard no matter their form, has made me realise I was duped, probably by a combination of new manager syndrome, OFM's set up and the loan of GD and RL.
If you care about Everton as much as myself and others on this forum, you'll surely admit that he seems clueless this season, and either had to bring in an assistant with some knowhow, or collects his P45.
I remember Billy Bingham getting the dreaded Taxi, even though we were on the verge of a cup final, so he shouldn't be allowed to think he is fireproof; it's time for some kind of change, before we become a laughing stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back