Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all arrows back to the manager.
I agree with the above. Teams know how to play us, hit us on the break and panic our defenders, it works everytime. I thought today Martinez looked lost, 2 mins to go and we equalise, cant wait for this season to end, some big decisions need to be made

First half was diabolical. They have no idea what to do against teams that make the pitch small.

Howard is one of many that need to be moved on in the summer, but I have serious doubts over Martinez's willingness to break up the clutch of players that have been here far, far too long.

Gibson looked decent, as did Lennon at times. Still deeply concerned by the inability to beat a team with Matthew Upson and Robert Huth at the back, though.

It was the performance, especially in the 1st half, more than the result that was most worrying.

Inviting the team which is adrift at the bottom of the league to come on to you like that was a suicidal tactic which backfired spectacularly, and nearly produced an even worse result.
They were sitting back. What could be done other than bombard their area with punts into there and hope we got a knock down?

He did what he could do trying to work them about and out toward us. It opened up a couple of times but Lukaku and Barkley didn't finish it.

We need a real playmaker. We havent got one and he'll defo have to go out and find one in the summer, because we cant have this happening next season.

They were sitting back. What could be done other than bombard their area with punts into there and hope we got a knock down?

He did what he could do trying to work them about and out toward us. It opened up a couple of times but Lukaku and Barkley didn't finish it.

We need a real playmaker. We havent got one and he'll defo have to go out and find one in the summer, because we cant have this happening next season.
If he plays a certain way he should have bought a playmaker he has had 4 windows.
Also if the tactics don't work without a playmaker why not change the way we play its like flogging a dead horse.

Yep good point,he's more aware of his defensive duties without the safety valve of Pienaar,as you say Pienaar would always stay when Baines was bombing forward,that said I still think he's carrying a knock!!

.....I also think it's a pivotal part of Barry's role to cover for him. In the first half today I noticed MCCarthy filling in for him and thinking he was under specific orders to do that. Gibson came on and was impressive (for me) but perhaps doesn't offer the same cover as Barry on that side.

Manager receives millions of pounds each year, fans spend millions
Manager thinks Howard should replace Robles, fans didn't
Manager plays Naismith and Barkley together and out of position, fans think this doesn't work and we should be playing with designated wide men
Manager prepares the team to play slow, cautious defensive minded football, even at home to lower sides, fans think we should play an attacking midfielder instead of 2 DM's
Manager thought it was ok to stay in Brazil making MORE money and neglecting the highly paid position he has at our club
Manager persisted with a 37 yr old CB until he got injured, fans wanted him out and younger player - Stones or a buy in summer
Manager doesn't seem to be interested in keeping a promising young LB, fans will be writhing in anguish come summer
And the manager thinks it's an achievement, grabbing a late equaliser against the bottom club at HOME!!!
If the fans seem to be more accurate in predicting the outcome of decisions than the well paid boss, WTF Is he doing here?

First half was diabolical. They have no idea what to do against teams that make the pitch small.

Howard is one of many that need to be moved on in the summer, but I have serious doubts over Martinez's willingness to break up the clutch of players that have been here far, far too long.

Gibson looked decent, as did Lennon at times. Still deeply concerned by the inability to beat a team with Matthew Upson and Robert Huth at the back, though.
They had 10 men behind the ball a lot of the time.

lost a few quid there, i thought 5/6 was a great price for us today

Even the bookies know we're [Poor language removed].

Regarding Baines, he literally had no one infront of him till mirallas came on. We had no shape whatsoever before that and it forced the midfielders to constantly slow up the play and either play it sideways or backwards. We looked totally clueless for most of the game. Lack of energy my hole

.....I also think it's a pivotal part of Barry's role to cover for him. In the first half today I noticed MCCarthy filling in for him and thinking he was under specific orders to do that. Gibson came on and was impressive (for me) but perhaps doesn't offer the same cover as Barry on that side.
Gibson came on late on in a Europa League game and his range of passing was great,unfortunately I think all we'll get out of him is cameo's as I can't see him starting games due to his fitness.

Apparently we showed great character to come back for the draw according to Martinez. What about the first hour of the match - where was the character then!! Why does it always seem to take us going a goal down at home before there's any urgency? 3 home league wins out of 13 games. Totally unacceptable I'm afraid!! We're Everton not Leicester!!!

Even the bookies know we're [Poor language removed].

Regarding Baines, he literally had no one infront of him till mirallas came on. We had no shape whatsoever before that and it forced the midfielders to constantly slow up the play and either play it sideways or backwards. We looked totally clueless for most of the game. Lack of energy my hole
We have not had shape for a lot of the season.
No wonder the likes of super kev are peeved

Manager receives millions of pounds each year, fans spend millions
Manager thinks Howard should replace Robles, fans didn't
Manager plays Naismith and Barkley together and out of position, fans think this doesn't work and we should be playing with designated wide men
Manager prepares the team to play slow, cautious defensive minded football, even at home to lower sides, fans think we should play an attacking midfielder instead of 2 DM's
Manager thought it was ok to stay in Brazil making MORE money and neglecting the highly paid position he has at our club
Manager persisted with a 37 yr old CB until he got injured, fans wanted him out and younger player - Stones or a buy in summer
Manager doesn't seem to be interested in keeping a promising young LB, fans will be writhing in anguish come summer
And the manager thinks it's an achievement, grabbing a late equaliser against the bottom club at HOME!!!
If the fans seem to be more accurate in predicting the outcome of decisions than the well paid boss, WTF Is he doing here?
Manager had team playing its best football since the 80s last season, fans wanted hoofball.
Manager got a record 72 point PL haul, fans were made up.
Manager breathes fresh air into a stale club, fans take him to their hearts and call him Bobby Brown Shoes.
Manager oversees poor second season, (some) fans stamp their feet and want to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back