Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1_BHM-banner-2022-003.jpg

Everton fans are to unfurl a new banner on the Gwladys Street ahead of their Premier League home game against Manchester United on Sunday to honour the club’s black players in conjunction with Black History Month.Images of half a dozen black players who have made significant contributions to Everton over the years are included on the banner: Kevin Campbell, the club’s first black captain; Mike Trebilcock, who scored twice in the 1966 FA Cup final; Cliff Marshall, the club’s first home-grown black player; Daniel Amokachi, the club’s first African signing; Joseph Yobo, the African player with the most appearances for the club and current player DCL whose headed goal against Crystal Palace in the final home game of last season earned a dramatic 3-2 comeback win to secure the Blues’ top flight status.

Their midfield is an absolute disfunctional mess. So that's something in our favour. If they keep playing Erikson as a holding midfielder there's some joy to be had there.
I absolutely agree, I think if they are going not get overrun they need to start two defensive midfielders. They look to open, and goodison under the lights will become a cauldron of noise and energy. I really hope they fall into the trap of thinking they can get away with Erikson and Cassimero

I absolutely agree, I think if they are going not get overrun they need to start two defensive midfielders. They look to open, and goodison under the lights will become a cauldron of noise and energy. I really hope they fall into the trap of thinking they can get away with Erikson and Cassimero

Imagine being Casimero, with 5 european cup medals, and being given the message by your new manager that you're not as good as Scott McTominey

I think we are resilient and good enough to win this, particularly as they are a bit fragile defensively and in a bit of disarray generally. It's becoming a bit of a habit but at times, keep it tight and hit them on the counter. When we have a good spell on the ball, try and get around the back and put it in the middle. Midfield may be the key.

I was confident v West Ham and Saints and I am confident we will win this too. Hopefully one day this confidence will pour into my personal life too, at least until our next hammering.

8om kick off ffs (CET). How am I supposed to watch the full match and get my kid too sleep?

I don't think I can sit and watch the full match from the beginning if its 60minutes in without fast forwarding it.

Think this will be a very tough game. Pretty sure they've won five of their last six with the only blip being against City.

Hopefully if we can get an early goal the ground will be bouncing and that will get us over the line.

1_BHM-banner-2022-003.jpg

Everton fans are to unfurl a new banner on the Gwladys Street ahead of their Premier League home game against Manchester United on Sunday to honour the club’s black players in conjunction with Black History Month.Images of half a dozen black players who have made significant contributions to Everton over the years are included on the banner: Kevin Campbell, the club’s first black captain; Mike Trebilcock, who scored twice in the 1966 FA Cup final; Cliff Marshall, the club’s first home-grown black player; Daniel Amokachi, the club’s first African signing; Joseph Yobo, the African player with the most appearances for the club and current player Dominic Calvert-Lewin whose headed goal against Crystal Palace in the final home game of last season earned a dramatic 3-2 comeback win to secure the Blues’ top flight status.
When is white history month?

Status
Not open for further replies.